IGNORED

Suzuki Cavalcade

saddlebum

Awhile back I posted a request for info on a 1986 Cavalcade http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60982

Well my friend ended up buying it and today I saw and rode it. This Bike was the Cavacade LS and man was it loaded with chrome and toys. It had options that had to have been brought down by aliens. On top ofthat the bike looked like it just came out of the box, apparently there were only 700 sold in Canada. I took the bike for a ride and it was very nice riding bike. However having said that I still prefer riding the venture. It felt to me like throttle response on the venture was much quicker and Handling was much nicer at least while in motion.

Believe it or not the wheel base is a little longer, but the bike is lighter by some 200 LBS. Putting it on the center stand is a breeze. Along with the bike being lighter the center stand has a much longer step down bar on the side of the stand which swivals forward forward out of the way with the aid of a return spring type setup.

The seat back was attached to the top luggage rack which could be slide back and forth depending on how much passinger room one needed. the seat and back rest were inflatable and it had automatic air ride suspension which you set at the touch of a button while sitting on the bike with both stands pulled up off the ground

Edited by saddlebum

I thought the Cavalcade weighted more than the Venture. They are nice bikes. I have a friend that has owned one for over 10 years and the only major repair was a stator.

Earl

According to Bikez.com, the Cavalcade weighs 754 lb dry and 823 lbs ready to roll. The RSV is 805 dry and 869 ready to roll. Now, of course, once the safety chrome is on and the back rest and extra lights and...

Andy

According to Bikez.com, the Cavalcade weighs 754 lb dry and 823 lbs ready to roll. The RSV is 805 dry and 869 ready to roll. Now, of course, once the safety chrome is on and the back rest and extra lights and...

Andy

I thought I read somewhere the venture royale MKII was just over 900 LBS but after checking the shop manual it states the bike is only 783 lbs

I thought I read somewhere the venture royale MKII was just over 900 LBS but after checking the shop manual it states the bike is only 783 lbs

Yep. What I noticed after getting my RSV was that it felt lighter than the Royale even though it was heavier. While still top heavy, the centre of gravity on the RSV seems to be a bit lower than that of the Royale. Then again, my RSV has a lowering kit so that might have an effect as well.

Andy