IGNORED

Wny members and international rally

BIG TOM

Ok you slugs have been spouting off about hosting the Int. rally in this area...Now , if you are serious about this ...........just step up and post if you are willing to do you part by chairing a committee....IF we have enough interested members , then we will toss in our bid to hold the rally here...ps...this includes our close Canadian friends too...you know who you are........:whistling:

Edited by BIG TOM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us new to this whole thing, what would be involved? What are you looking for? Etc., etc. :)

I don't have a clue...thats why I'm looking for help first...I imagine a lodging and camping location that are together....some one to handle t shirts... a place to hold a dinner.. raffle tickets...some one to acquire prizes....... registration... .....ride captions for daily rides...I dont have a clue, I'm new at this too!!! and COMMITMENT TO THE RALLY........

So whats so complicated, I put Vogel together with a little input from my wife, I design the shirts, the patches, call the hotel/motels set up the catering and then couple of local members help me and the wife decide on which t shirt and patch design is good, once we get to Vogel is when volunteers step up to help with registrations and the like, thats where I need it the most. Who needs a committee...........:stirthepot::stirthepot:

I don't have a clue...thats why I'm looking for help first...I imagine a lodging and camping location that are together....some one to handle t shirts... a place to hold a dinner.. raffle tickets...some one to acquire prizes....... registration... .....ride captions for daily rides...I dont have a clue, I'm new at this too!!! and COMMITMENT TO THE RALLY........

So whats so complicated, I put Vogel together with a little input from my wife, I design the shirts, the patches, call the hotel/motels set up the catering and then couple of local members help me and the wife decide on which t shirt and patch design is good, once we get to Vogel is when volunteers step up to help with registrations and the like, thats where I need it the most. Who needs a committee...........:stirthepot::stirthepot:

I do the same for my rally also !!!..but, I'm not willing to do the Int. by myself.. :rasberry: so there... New York MEMBERS STEP UP TO THE PLATE IF YOU WANT TO HAVE IT HERE...!!! :fnd_(16):

Tom, sounds to me like its about the same as putting together a mini rally. You know the thing you do every year in Chaffee. :think: If Pioneer had more room and more facilities, I would say combine the two for next year. Thats why I aked if anyone had and stats on how many people and bikes where at Cody. We need to get an idea of how big this thing is.

Tom, sounds to me like its about the same as putting together a mini rally. You know the thing you do every year in Chaffee. :think: If Pioneer had more room and more facilities, I would say combine the two for next year. Thats why I aked if anyone had and stats on how many people and bikes where at Cody. We need to get an idea of how big this thing is.

If WE take on the rally...I would eliminate my mini rall this year.........ARE YOU IN....?

I'm over 200 miles away...but I"m willing to do the design and see about getting T-shirts and patches.

As long as it doesn't cost me! I can't afford to take even a small hit.

I added you to my list...I already have a vendor who supplies our t's.. hes great to work with....thanks for stepping up....:fatsmiley:who next.....

Ok,I just looked up the registration info for the last International. It's not much different then our rally,just bigger. Do you think Pioneer can handle this? I got to go out for a while will check in on this later.

I am looking into Darien lake amusment park... they are not cheap but, can hadle all our needs including catering a picnic...rv rentals, cabin rentals and campsites...this includes access into the theme park and waterpark........state park is only 3 miles away for less expensive camping....but there is an 11pm quiet time...they toss a lot of people out at night...............so I'm told:whistling:

I just had a thought about the number of attendees in the NY area. does anybody have a state by state demographics of the membership? I would guess that over 1/3 of the total membership lives in an area equal to the same area as WY, where the Int Rally was held last year. You may have a hundred or more come to a rally in the northeast. At least I would hope it would be that well attended.

I'm new to the club so I don't know the history of the Int Rallies. What has been the historical attendance to a Rally on the East Coast?

Phoneman19 & I would like to come, but would have to use all of our vacation to come to the Rally in NY.

You're right about Darien Lake not being cheap: motel starts @ $195/day, cabins @ $295/day, RV's @ $270/day and camp sites @ $95/day. That sure doesn't fit my budget.

Can you imagine Black Owl, Condor, Phoneman19 & I being quiet @ 11:00PM? Out we go!!!

Just some thoughts.

C Ya, Patrolman46 :bobby:

I am looking into Darien lake amusment park... they are not cheap but, can hadle all our needs including catering a picnic...rv rentals, cabin rentals and campsites...this includes access into the theme park and waterpark........state park is only 3 miles away for less expensive camping....but there is an 11pm quiet time...they toss a lot of people out at night...............so I'm told:whistling:

I just had a thought about the number of attendees in the NY area. does anybody have a state by state demographics of the membership? I would guess that over 1/3 of the total membership lives in an area equal to the same area as WY, where the Int Rally was held last year. You may have a hundred or more come to a rally in the northeast. At least I would hope it would be that well attended.

I'm new to the club so I don't know the history of the Int Rallies. What has been the historical attendance to a Rally on the East Coast?

Phoneman19 & I would like to come, but would have to use all of our vacation to come to the Rally in NY.

You're right about Darien Lake not being cheap: motel starts @ $195/day, cabins @ $295/day, RV's @ $270/day and camp sites @ $95/day. That sure doesn't fit my budget.

Can you imagine Black Owl, Condor, Phoneman19 & I being quiet @ 11:00PM? Out we go!!!

Just some thoughts.

C Ya, Patrolman46 :bobby:

I have contacted Darien lake....We would definately get a deal, besides.. thats only one place I had in mind....there are numerous camping areas that would love to have our business, I have many contacts in this area..I can always get free camping at pioneer motorsports and there is 2 compgrounds only 4 miles away from there...three valleys has cabins (around 100.00) and arrowhead camp grounds has tent sites(around 25.00).. PIONEER WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS THERE (no showers) this would be the rally headquarters where all rides would meet..... THE COST WOULD BE RIGHT AT PIONEER..............NADA.... I also contacted the microtel in springville and they would give us a block of 30 rooms for those that need a hotel...around 80.00.....I need to get commitments from our members first here in NY and Canada....If we do it, It will be done right.....trust me.................:fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

Tom I'm with you on the Pioneer site. I think that would be a great ralling point. Be great for those on a budget. The only problem I can see, it would be during the week. How would Terry be with that. Definetly would need port o pots and showers. Also a nude beach.:sign07: OK maybe not.

Tom I'm with you on the Pioneer site. I think that would be a great ralling point. Be great for those on a budget. The only problem I can see, it would be during the week. How would Terry be with that. Definetly would need port o pots and showers. Also a nude beach.:sign07: OK maybe not.

Pioneer would as we have in the past be used as rally headquarters.. and for free camping................:fatsmiley:if you needs showers go down the road...what , didn't you see me wash up out of the bucket..........:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

One idea that we are thinking about, would be a winery tour in the fingerlakes. We would set it up with a limo tour company. The only issue with this idea, is alcohol. Trust me when I say,after a couple of stops for wine tasting most everyone will be feeling no pain. Not good when you have a 100 plus mile ride back to camp. Will have to look into this a little more.

One idea that we are thinking about, would be a winery tour in the fingerlakes. We would set it up with a limo tour company. The only issue with this idea, is alcohol. Trust me when I say,after a couple of stops for wine tasting most everyone will be feeling no pain. Not good when you have a 100 plus mile ride back to camp. Will have to look into this a little more.

Did you ever hear of "TASTE AND SPIT"...........amateurs !!