IGNORED

which bike to ride for a day

mike042

Now I have a real delema. every tuesday in lowell ma. they have motorcycle night at a park along the river we always try to make it to. always have something fun going on and a bunch of sponcers set up booths. but anyway last tues motorcycles of manchester nh was there and had free drawing for a one day bike rental from eagle rentals. put my name in like i do for any free thing i can, but this time i actualy won.:cool10: Now i have to pick which bike to rent. which can get expensive if my navigator likes it too much might have to buy one. :whistling: They have 2011 gw im thinking of but always wanted to check out the 2011 hd electra glide . or one of the victory cruisers, maybe even the can am spyder? :confused24: oh the decisions!!!! haha or maybe i to excited about finally winng something . but pretty nice to win a day on a brand new bike though.:322:

Pick the one that "trips your trigger" but you haven't had a chance to ride.

If you've always wanted to try an Ultra (or other HD) then do that. If the new Victory has you breathing heavy, the do that one.

If you can't choose, try to pick between two and flip a coin!

Enjoy, have fun, ride careful and let us know what you do and how you like it!:cool10::thumbsup2:

Road Glide Ultra.I was talking to my brother in Denver the other day. He was thinking Electra Glide Classic. He test drove one along with a Road Glide like I own. He said no comparison, much better. Has a fixed fairing just like a wing. Matter of fact, I think he closed the deal today. Either way, you get to try something different for a day, wish I had that kind of luck!

Congrats Mike. We met last tues. Your 83 is pristine.

Like one other poster said Harleys and Victorys are easier to test drive. Wings less so, maybe a consideration. Only downside is what ever you choose you will be jonsing for one after your day out. These guys know what they are doing giving out free rentals.:bluesbrother:

Guest tx2sturgis

Can you actually afford the bike that you want to take for a spin?

Its really tough taking one for a ride and loving it, then realizing..."hey I cant afford that!"

I really like the new Victory Cross Country Tour...

Thats EXACTLY why I'm not gonna test ride one!

See previous reason.

:bawling:

Guest tx2sturgis

And BTW, Harley Davidson is offering a similar deal at the Fayetteville rally this year.

Demo rides that last all day, rather than 30 minutes or so. Not sure how thats gonna work, exactly.

Here is a paragraph from the BBBBQ website:

Demo Rides

American, Metric, or the coolest thing on three wheels, we’ve got you covered. Visit the H-D Village and take a regular demo ride on any of the new models, or sign up for the “Dare to Compare” promotion and take a bike for the day. Or try out the “New American Motorcycle”, Victory. The Victory corporation, in conjunction with Freedom Powersports, will be bringing the 2012 Vegas’s, Hammers, Jackpots, Visions, and Kingpins, just for you to try out. Like metrics? Yamaha and Suzuki will be here with their newest offerings. And for something totally different, Can-Am is bringing their new three wheeled cruiser and sport models. So, we’ve got something for everyone. Just bring a helmet, and your MC driver’s license endorsement and you’ll be in business.

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org