IGNORED

Quick reply

myminpins

Any chance of having the "quick reply" option I've often seen on sites like these at the bottom of every thread so I don't have to click "reply" at the end of a thread in order to reply? Just makes life much easier and I really use it a ton if it's available. :)

Edited by myminpins

Any chance of having the "quick reply" option I've often seen on sites like these at the bottom of every thread so I don't have to click "reply" at the end of a thread in order to reply? Just makes life much easier and I really use it a ton if it's available. :)

That feature is on a PM. Probably be easy to do it in the forum?? 'Nother thing. When editing one of our posts the system takes you to a 'basic' editor, and you have to go to another advanced if you want to get fauncy. Why can't it just take you to the advanced editor from the git'go??? Don???

Any chance of having the "quick reply" option

Just my 2 cents here......

Unless you are replying to the LAST post, it is best to use the "quote" button.

It can become confusing when there are several different posts with different thoughts in between the posting you are answering and your comments.

By using the Quote button we all can zero in on what you are commenting on.

Also...when using the Quote button, you don't need to include all of a long winded post....just make sure you have the start and end of quote and delete all the "extras" leaving just the main thought you are commenting on. (as I have done above)

I remember that it has something to do with the way that threads are displayed. I think that the quick reply function only works correctly if the forum is set to only allow "Linear" display mode of the posts. Some folks here like the threaded or hybrid modes and quick reply doesn't play well with those.

Yes, I've actually already looked at that also. It can absolutely be done but it requires a fair amount of custom modification of the code. It's not that big a deal to do it once but the problem is, it has to be done again every time there is a software upgrade. I have a lot of customizations already and am trying to keep any actual code changes to a minimum. It takes ONE click of the mouse button to go to the advanced mode. I just don't know if it is worth all the custom programming.

Yes, I've actually already looked at that also. It can absolutely be done but it requires a fair amount of custom modification of the code. It's not that big a deal to do it once but the problem is, it has to be done again every time there is a software upgrade. I have a lot of customizations already and am trying to keep any actual code changes to a minimum. It takes ONE click of the mouse button to go to the advanced mode. I just don't know if it is worth all the custom programming.

Iff'en it ain't broke..............:backinmyday: