IGNORED

Visited Local Yamaha Shop and ..... (I'm in trouble)

RedRider

Stopped by the local Yamaha shop and they had a Supere Tenere' on the floor. Got a chance to sit on it, stand it up, look it over really close. The owner (who I know) came over to chat and answer questions.

Oh My, is that a nice bike. 1200 cc of adventure riding goodness. The owner offered to let me take it for a ride. I declined realizing that would be real trouble for me. I can't afford the alimony (and we have two kids in college and two more that are high school seniors - next year is going to be REALLY expensive).

Most, if not all, the farkles are released for this model since the Tenere' has been in Europe for a couple of years.

And Then to Top It Off......

I get home and there is a box on the porch from Touratech!!. My lock and cable for the Garmin 276C mount arrived. Included in the box was the TT catalog with all the Tenere' stuff. Mmmmmmm, tasty.

This may be a problem.

RR

Now, THAT is the real you!

Hope Vetesnics has one, I'm heading over there this morning. I've seen the write ups and it's a beauty. Yup, the base price is one thing, but the farkles, couln't even imagine how much a guy could drop into that thing.

Steve

Depends on the rider. At lot of the iron butt riders prefer bikes with the mid mount pegs because they can lift their butt off the seat while riding. Can't do that on the Venture.

um.... ya can't???:confused24: does that mean i have to stop standing and adjusting my shorts with the cruise controle set while on the long rides??:whistling:

um.... ya can't???:confused24: does that mean i have to stop standing and adjusting my shorts with the cruise controle set while on the long rides??:whistling:

I'd like to see video of that. I know that I can't stand on my boards while riding.

Red excuse my ignorance but is that something you can ride long distances like the Venture

Brad

Brad, Actually, this is likely a better long distance steed than the Venture. The cruiser position of the RSV is not really ideal due to the ergonomics. Your tailbone is on the seat and your spine not straight up and down.

If you look at the standard LD selections, they are all upright. BMW (all of them), Wingabago, FJR, ST, V-Strom, and even the first Gen Ventures.

The Tenere' does not offer the wind protection of the Venture, or most of the creature comforts, but it appears it would work very nicely with the addition of a few thousand dollars of farkles.

RR

The cruiser position of the RSV is not really ideal due to the ergonomics. Your tailbone is on the seat and your spine not straight up and down.

Wouldn't that depend on the seat you have and the way you sit when you ride? I know, as a passenger, I MUST sit straight up or my back kills me. If I sit on my tailbone for any length of time, I'm in extreme pain. Not everyone leans back when they ride. Even in my car, I must sit up completely straight or I'm in a lot of pain.