IGNORED

F4 Windshield Continued

Tom

Well I received my F4 +2 and VERY satisfied with looks and function.One problem was as I was installing,VERY CAREFULLY,I noticed a very very small scratch just above the vent. I could not see it at all from the riders seat but off the bike and looking thru towards the sun I could see it. Well I immediadely called F4 and talked to Don. Without ANY questions he said please let me send another one immediately,I said no let me ride it first and see if it bothers me so he said OK BUT I want to discount it to you if you keep it. Well I never could see the scratch riding it so my mind started playing tricks on me and I started worrying about it and called to get him to send another.No questions asked he is sending another and paying the freight. Luckily I have a friend that rides a GL1800 and he called Don at F4 to see if he could just buy mine instead of me sending it back to F4 so Don at F4 made him a great deal on it and all has worked out great...Purpose of this is to give Kudos to a well run company with GREAT customer service.

Tom, Thanks for helping me make up my mind. I've been looking at the F4, for my RSV, but didn't know anyone who actually had one. Web sites can say anything, but reading your post about their customer service them just sealed the deal.

I have 2 sheilds from F4. Shortie/wide/no vent and a Regular/wide/with vent.

They are the BEST shield IMHO.

The boys at F4 know their stuff, process the order quickly and on the scooter in about a week. Rock hard/scratch resistant. When getting gas, I will often use the Gas Bar windshield squeagie to clear the bugs. No Issue!

Call Don or Frank at F4. They will hook you up.:cool10:

Tom, Thanks for helping me make up my mind. I've been looking at the F4, for my RSV, but didn't know anyone who actually had one. Web sites can say anything, but reading your post about their customer service them just sealed the deal.

No problem at all..I BELIEVE in giving Kudos to folks that are customer service oriented and to be honest the last few years MANY companies forgot how to treat the customer so again,Hats off to F4. PLEASE follow up even if a PM to me and let me know your experience. Tom

I got one for my RSV last March.

Great shield, great customer service.

Yeah, wish they made them for the RSTD.

I got the stock height, extra wide. I didn't get the vent, kinda wish I had.

But the Clearview on my RSTD has a vent and,,, don't use it much.

But, F4,,, good stuff.

No problem at all..I BELIEVE in giving Kudos to folks that are customer service oriented and to be honest the last few years MANY companies forgot how to treat the customer so again,Hats off to F4. PLEASE follow up even if a PM to me and let me know your experience. Tom

Now if they only had a tinted version like Clear View, I would get the F4. That tinted version really helped with night time driving as far as glare from on coming vehicles.

Now if they only had a tinted version like Clear View, I would get the F4. That tinted version really helped with night time driving as far as glare from on coming vehicles.

Sleeperhawk, I never had a Clearview tinted on my RSV but have run a Show Chrome tinted as well as the stock shield, the night time glare from on coming vehicles is much less a problem with the F-4 than the other two shields that I have used. The F-4 is a breeze to clean and with on coming headlights/sunshine there is no swirl/cleaning scratches that somehow seems to be on most other shields. I only have 6000 miles on with the F-4 but would not hesitate to buy another one, if I needed a shield. The buffeting with the wide F-4 is nearly gone, but like I said in an earlier post, running 65+ MPH the gas mileage will go down a couple MPG, butttt it's just kids inheritance!!:thumbsup:

Looking for someone that has a RSTD OEM shield that is used so that we can work on our developement of the new shield. Call Don at F4 if you have one and we can discuss it.

Don 330-968-4644

All you RSTD guys here is your opportunity if still looking..

I just ordered an wide 19 1/2" w/vent. Coming from a Clearview with vent & tint I was a bit concerned about night time glare like SleeperHawk but reading PickingFred's post convinced me. Besides I don't ride as much at night now as I used to so it'll probably be a non-issue. My main reasons for replacing the Clearview is F-4's water shedding abilities and a safer/stronger shield.

Larry

I just ordered an wide 19 1/2" w/vent. Coming from a Clearview with vent & tint I was a bit concerned about night time glare like SleeperHawk but reading PickingFred's post convinced me. Besides I don't ride as much at night now as I used to so it'll probably be a non-issue. My main reasons for replacing the Clearview is F-4's water shedding abilities and a safer/stronger shield.

Larry

Im sure you will love it Larry..I too had the tinted clearview but I actually see better with this one at night also. Don at F4 really treated me right,Enjoy it!

when i went down in july.....the outer and inner fairing, and everything inside the fairing, and headlight were smashed and totally destroyed.....my F4 windshield had four hugh gashes on it.....but it did not break......even at the mounting tabs.....