IGNORED

Just completed an 1800kms trip through the Mnts with my 04 RSV

I just completed my second three day trip into the Kootney Lake area of BC. Three days of absolutely perfect riding on Top rated Destination Highways in British Columbia's Kootney Lake area.

I have to say that my 2004 Midnight Royal Star Venture ran flawlessly. I live in Red Deer, Alberta and the mountains are not that far away but I usually try to make this run around Kootney Lake at least twice a riding season. We were on highway 3, 3A and 6 and we pretty much had the roads pretty much to ourselves there was very little traffic. My friend rides a highly modified 2009 Yamaha Raider. My RSV handled awesome. I set up my suspension for riding in the twisties and we I had an unbelievable ride. Three back to back days of riding from about 8:00am to 6:00pm each day. We spent two nights in Creston, BC as our base and I realize that 1800kms isn't that huge a distance but boy did we have fun. At one point my friend commented that he was surprised that I could stay with him in the curves and while passing but when I told him that the RSV comes from the Vmax heritage he understood. I have had a 1500 Wing and an 1800 Wing but man do I love my RSV. I'm in no way bashing or bad mouthing my former wings, just that I far and away prefer my RSV. So totally comfortable and a lot of people were shocked at how she handled and moved through the twisties.

I just had to comment again on what an awesome ride the RSV is.

Chris in Red Deer, AB

Three back to back days of riding from about 8:00am to 6:00pm each day. We spent two nights in Creston, BC as our base and I realize that 1800kms isn't that huge a distance but boy did we have fun.

You rode from eight until six every day? :yikes: Wow. I cannot handle more than four to six hours a day max or my back is way too sore along with many other things. Mike, too, rarely wants to drive more than six hours a day max.

You're kidding about 1800 kms not being far, right??:yikes: It would have taken us over six DAYS to go that far, not THREE.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Wish I lived that close to the Rockies!!

Hi . That really sounds an awesome ride. I wish we had a bit more scenery where i live here in the UK . For really nice country side like yours id need to travel up north to Scotland. Really sounds a great few days. Cheers Edge

• 2 weeks later...

NICE riding trip.. Sounds like you should join my buddy and I on a road trip lol

We just finished an 8,000 + kms road trip through the USA (chased westward by Irene no less), riding 10-12 hours a day on the highways in 7 days.. All over this side of the USA, Maine, NH, NY, Carolinas, Virginias, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan..

And on the return trip home, rode from Pickering Ontario to Dartmouth NS, 1,850 kms in 22 hours non-stop.. stopping long enough for fuel, bilge pumping and a little rest here and there.. And that's the Saddle Sore run for ya, though it only asks for 1600 kms (1000 miles) in 24 hours..

And the Venture makes all that riding soooo nice..

It is not all about the distance, it is about what you go through. 500k of mountains and twisties is worth 1000k of boring freeway.

So says the lucky bastid who lives out in the mountains to the poor sods who live out the middle of no where... SIGH

Though we enjoy beautiful scenery routes in Nova Scotia, the one big problem we have is that to go any where else, we have to travel the same 8 hours of highway before we get to change direction to some where different.. Gotta drive west through NS and NB and then decide in Moncton to go north or south.. and then to the US border or up through PQ..

Next summer, I'm planning on doing a cross country run from Cape Spear, NFLD to BC.. Looking forward to the mountains.

So says the lucky bastid who lives out in the mountains to the poor sods who live out the middle of no where... SIGH

Next summer, I'm planning on doing a cross country run from Cape Spear, NFLD to BC.. Looking forward to the mountains.

better plan to take in Kruisn the Kootenays in Nelson BC then....... Visit with a few more of us Venture-a-holics.

Brian