I am fairly sure all the inner tubes are the same from 83-93.

Be safest if you put in a matched set though.

I know the outers had a number of internal & external differences over the years, I have dissected several sets of them when I was trying to understand the anti-dives.

Gary

I am fairly sure all the inner tubes are the same from 83-93.

Be safest if you put in a matched set though.

I know the outers had a number of internal & external differences over the years, I have dissected several sets of them when I was trying to understand the anti-dives.

Gary

The caliper mounting hole spread is different between the MKI's and MKII's. Otherwise they are the same....

The caliper mounting hole spread is different between the MKI's and MKII's. Otherwise they are the same....

There are some internal differences down around the anti dive machining, subtle but different.

Also the 86-87 had front mount anti dives and the 88-93 had side mounts.

:backinmyday:

Gary

Basically, with an 87, you can use from 86-93 forks.

The limiting factor is what brake calipers you intend on using.

83-85 have 80mm between mounting holes, 86-93 have 100mm between mounting holes.

The 86-93 forks offer the best braking options with either the MKII (86-93) quad piston, 2 piece calipers, or the next upgrade is a set of about 2000 R1 one piece calipers.

If you are fanatical about stopping power, there is an adapter available from one of the VMax guys that will allow a 6 piston Hyabusi (sp) caliper to be mounted. There is such a thing as to much front brakes though.

I have a set of all three calipers, very good pads, replaced caliper seals and a rear rotor available. Plus as an added, no charge bonus, they are pwder coated super mirror red.!!! Picture is of front calipers. I do not have a set of front rotors, only the rear.

I put R1's on front and a VMax set on rear this year. Rear still needs tweaking, but it is a master cylinder change.

The anti dives are almost totally worthless with a set of progressive springs. Also energy hogs. Put Earl's block off plates on and trash them. It's the way I went this year and happy for it.

Gary

Edited by dingy