IGNORED

Rear Shock

lockdoc

Well I guess I really am joining the club.

After my ride from Brisbane on arriving home in Perth I noticed a small leak coming from the rear shock. Not knowing what I now know (thanks to all here) my mechanic sent it off to Sydney to be rebuilt.

After a long silence I called him up - wots the go bro? Can't be rebuilt!

Damn. Anyway I saved my mechanic a long time searching for a replacement after reading "Spears" troubles in Australia replacing his and immediately ordered one from FlatoutMotorcycles. Hopefully it will arrive here next week and my bike will be back on the road in time for Xmas. Summer holidays here.

Hey Steve,

Do everybody a BIG favour, and tell Yamahahahah Australia about it.

When I complained about my shock crapping itself, they said they never heard of it happening in Australia. Huh!

I'm still organising my new unit from the States, but meanwhile I'm still riding without oil. Just relying on the inner spring and a bit more air.

Can I ask what you paid for your new unit -$AU / $US?

Is it a genuine Yammie shock or an after-market?

Cheers,

Steve

G'day Spear

I believe its an oem shocky. Its also the new variety installed on the '05 model onwards. Cost is $369.63 or $395.04 with all the new bolts if required.

Shipping is $45.00 for a total of $440.54 which is roughly $A500.00.

Most parts I've ordered from the States usually has arrived within a week so I'm hopeful.

And you're right - I should and probably will email Yamaha Aust. Bikes only done 29,000 kms.

Steve.

I'm interested in the shockie you ordered from Flatout.

I've been contemplating a (superior) after-market unit that costs around $AU870, but for that sort of money I believe the 2005 OEM version as cited by you would be more than satisfactory.

Would you be so kind as to give me the part number so I can order one from Flatout? I can't find it amongst my stuff.

It was posted on this site once upon a time, but I can't remember where (or when).

I might send out a request for same in case I don't hear from you.

Cheers,

Steve