IGNORED

Another kind of "religion"

revinger

Although I was never really into running I used to be into all kinds of sports...but now my body said "ENOUGH"!

I've dislocated my shoulders so many times with Gymnastics, moto-cross and Hockey that I have to be careful just putting on a T shirt or they pop out again!

I've been on a peck machine and poped it out...I've been on a bench with free weights and popped it out.

:fiddle:

My knees are both bad, I have a permanently detached A.C.L. in one and arthritis in both.

I can't kneel for more than a couple of minutes

:bawling:

I've got arthritis in my hips too.

So now I don't do much of anything. Even going for a walk hurts after a mile or so.

Could explain why I'm so active here....I can sit and type!:dancefool:

Figured that would get the attention.

Anybody on here a serious or semi serious jogger. I may be in the minority given the quantity of meet and eats that get mentioned on here. I am trying to keep the taX man from collecting those inheritance taxes as long as possible, or making sure thereon be anything left for them to collect.

I have became more serious exercising after having somebody I thought was significantly older than me and much heavier finish ahead of me in a 5k only to find out we were in same age bracket, Ouch. Plan on dusting him next month.

Besides being in shape has to help for the long rides.

Bob

Marshall, il

:doh:so you think gaining weight and looking older is going to Help!!!!:bang head:

Well I can't do anything about my looks, but I can do something about my mass. I have Hovered in the low 190s for way too long. If one goes by BMI, my ideal weight is about -20 pounds away.

Though my wife thinks I look anorexic at that weight. I would like to drop 10 anyway, means 10 more pounds of farkles I could add to the bike.

I have yet to come to a meet eat yet.

Bob

HEALTH MESSAGE:

1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.

2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat.

3. A rabbit runs and hops,eats only vegetables, and lives 15 years.

4. A tortoise doesn't run, does nothing ...yet lives for 450 years.

http://venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=59777&d=1313703779

AND YOU TELL ME TO EXERCISE!

About 20 yrs ago I quit smoking. The guys at work said I could not do it, they also said you will gain a lot of weight. Well I quit and started walking up the hill to the spring, which furnished us our drinking water to our home, and the spring is very far up on the mountain. First time I did it, it took me 36 minutes and out of breath to walk up and back home. Did it every evening after work. I would sit my dinner bucket on the porch and off I would go. After 30 some odd days, I had stopped smoking and lost 30 pounds and could walk that mountain trail up and back in 11 minutes. I would even jog and run part of the way.

Now I am over weight and need to get back to the basics and put my total gym to use.

Fuzzy