When I put the Barons risers on I had to reroute my throttle cables. while doing so I had to disassemble the part where all the cables come together on the left side behind the neck cover, 5 in all,( 2 in, 2 out and the cable coming up from the cruise servo). When I opened the housing that little clockspring popped out before I could see how tight it's wound :doh: . Put it back together with 1 turn on it and now my cruise control won't set. All the dash lights say it's working but it doesn't hold the throttle. Any advice from the RSV tech gods would be awesome.

My 1550 mile ride last weekend would have been much more enjoyable with a working cruise control.

This is a little hard to explain in words, but the fix is quite simple. The bottom wheel has a couple of tabs in it, and the top wheel has a bar that contacts those tabs, so if the top wheel is turned it will then turn the bottom wheel. If you put the top wheel in with the bar on the wrong side of the tabs, it has no way to turn the bottom wheel.

Goose

That makes perfect sense. When I opened it the top wheel fell out, I thought I had it correct. Oh-well apart it comes again. What about the spring? 1 turn? :think:

Thanks Goose.

I do not have any strong recollections about the spring. I have had these apart four or five times and never had an issue putting the spring back in. I do not think it needs any extra pre-tensioning beyond just what it takes to hold everything in place. I think the spring's only purpose is to keep slack out of the cables when the throttle and cruise mechanisms are not pulling against each other.

Goose

Glad ya fixed it. I was gonna have you come here or I up to your place to get're done. :thumbsup2:

Larry

Well ya don't need something to be broken to come up and have a cold one, we could even tip it back on the boat for a nice cruise around the lake. :beer: You and Joyce are welcome anytime.:thumbsup2: