IGNORED

Front end wobble

MikeWa

Today I was riding south on Interstate 5 when the front end began to wobble. First it tried to dart left then right then left again. The wobble continued back and forth for about ten minutes. Really had to hold on to the handlebars. In fact it didn't stop until I got out from behind that semi truck. It happened again later when I was on the 410 highway too.

Mike

:whistling:

Trucks with different loads will really play with it. Check tire pressure and see if Steering head needs adjusted. You have Jack's (Condor) brace on it yet?

Yammer, the scoot is too slow for a fork brace, after all it's a 2nd gen & not a 1st gen..... :duck:

Yammer, the scoot is too slow for a fork brace, after all it's a 2nd gen & not a 1st gen..... :duck:

Missed that. Those things are everywhere now aren't they? Except in front of me..:whistling:

Please ignore my answer. I was thinking about a real motorcycle!! LOL

MikeWa the tire pressure, steering head adjustment and wear on tire still apply. But some of those trucks will just beat you to death. Different loads catch air different I guess.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Thanks for all of the sound advice. But for now I think I will just stay out from behind large trucks.

Mike

Must be just an unhappy coincidence ...

My Yamaha Triple hates passing trucks ... especially if there are several of them. It wobbles and shakes it's head a bit.

The VR, otoh, just blows past them with not so much as a wiggle.