IGNORED

Problems come in waves/Boy am I lucky

utadventure

I can't believe how fortunate I am.

Before leaving for Cody, the AC started leaking water on the floor but I couldn't find the starting point. I was sure it was condensation water but from where?

After we left, I got a call from our son saying that the washing machine had quit rinsing and spinning. I gave him some ideas but said I would deal with it when I got home if they didn't work.

Wednesday, in Cody, my headlight/instrument panel lights stopped working. The fuse checked out so.... maybe the starter cut out switch or the CMU? I'll deal with that when I get home, the bike still runs properly.

Then Friday, we rode as far as Tremonton, Utah. After a quick bite at McD, Jan's bike wouldn't start. Jump the bike, it runs; disconnect the cables, it dies. Luckily we were traveling with great friends and so we loaded the bike in the trailer and finished the trip home.

The resolutions:

Jan's bike - started with the battery and found the neg cable lose. Tightened it up and the bike fired right up!! One down, three to go.

My bike - double checked the fuse, good. Checked the voltage at the fuse holder, nothing. The fuse holder clamp was broken! Put a jumper wire across the fuse holder....headlight works!! I did the fuse block upgrade, all is well. Two down.

AC - Started checking to find the source of the water, touched the condensation plate drain pipe, it moved....shouldn't do that, should it? Pulled the pipe and made sure it was clear (cleared a minor obstruction when I blew through it). A little PVC glue to re-assemble the pipe. Number three fixed!!

Washing Machine - Don't know much about washing machines....Call the Man. My wallet is a little lighter now. He replaced the defective cold water inlet valve and now we can have clean clothes.

All in all, very lucky!

Dave

Did anyone else notice that the fixed the bikes first, then the airconditioner and THEN the washing machine. You gotta respect a man who has his priorities in order!!! Glad you got it all worked out.

Good order in my books!

One thing I will through out there to everyone tho..... do not ever put your mouth over the condensate line and blow it. The condensate area is where Legionalla forms and by placing your face that close to the tray and drain you run the risk of coming in contact with the spores that cause this deadly disease. I will always recommend you rinse the condensate tray and drain out with a quart of water and about an ounce of bleach mixed into it every year to keep it sanitized.

Because you never need to add that extra thing to the list.... bad health.

Glad everything worked our well for you.... and yes those traveling repair guys dont come cheap! :mo money::mo money: