IGNORED

What do you think?

Reddog170

I have been pondering selling my venture. My wife is back to the every once and a while employment and I have a couple bills that need caught up, my truck needs some work and I do not have the time to take care of it the way I should. I love the bike, but when it sits two weeks cause I do not have time to replace a burned out headlight bulb it makes me wonder.

On the other hand I have gotten it to where it gets at least upper 30's for mpg, fixed the wobble, replaced the fuel pump (that is why it was getting hard to start) and done numerous other things to it. Nuw in all reality I do have a family to take care of, I love them more than the bike.

So should I sell it? I am terrified that if I sell it it would end up in a parts dealers hands. Shaun

Edited by Reddog170
misspell

After my last accident I didn't think I would ever get another bike. My wife was really on my case even though the accident wasn't my fault, and was dead set against another bike. We went a year without talking about bikes but then I got the itch real bad. Short story---I bought the Victory Cross Country. Wife quit arguing with me and just said, "if you're dumb enough to do it again, go ahead !"

Now I know this isn't close to your situation but my bike stays parked for long periods of time but it IS in my garage for whenever I have time to ride. Most people I've talked to who got rid of a infrequently ridden bike really regret it afterwards. But then they are not in a financial situation to replace it. I can't tell you what to do----only YOU know your financial situation. If the need is great and for the better of the family then maybe it's time to sell it. But if you can get by financially I would try to keep it. If you really like the bike I doubt you will be as happy if you sell it. But again, only you know what your financial situation is. In any case, I wish you the best of luck in your decision, and send prayers your way for a bright future.

Shaun,

I suppose the question that needs asking is will what you can get out of your bike really help you out. It's not like your going to get huge money out of it being as old as it is. I know how I am and the times that I haven't had a bike I was miserable. I do also know about selling bikes to make ends meet, I sold my '08 because funds were getting tight and I didn't have to have a new bike payment. I also sold an '89 for the same reason as I had to pay for a bankruptsy. It's no easy answer, but one that only you can do, I wish you all the wisdom with your decision.