IGNORED

Trunk rack for First Gen. MK2,

Prairiehammer

Finding an original Venture Line trunk rack for my 1990 has been a fruitless endeavor. I like the look and quality of the Yamaha rack for the Second Gens., it is readily available and quality seems excellent (unlike the JCWhitney stuff). Has anyone out there in Ventureland ever installed the Yamaha Venture trunk rack intended for the newest Ventures on a First Generation, 1986-1993? If so, pictures would be great.

Hey Kevin,

I have a Second Gen. Trunk Rack on my 87'VR. I have attached a few pics. I "sandwiched" the top of the trunk between rubber washers and large S.S. washers on the underside to keep the trunk top from cracking. I laid out the top of the trunk top with removable painters masking tape, marked my drill locations, and drilled carefully. The install isn't "Perfect", but pretty darn close, and you don't see to many 2G racks on First Gens. so I am happy with the install.:thumbsup2:

Earl

Thanks for the consideration Dano. If you have an original Yamaha rack for my bike, that would be ideal. Appreciate it. :fingers-crossed-emo

Earl, that looks very nice on the MK2. A Second Gen rack is definitely a viable option. Thanks for posting your pics.

P.S. WOW! You got your crashed trunk replaced already?!:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

The Trunk Rack is a Ventureline. My 87'VR is running, but I have not found a rear trunk yet. These pics were of the old trunk, before the accident. The biggest piece of the old trunk was the size of a dollar bill, after the accident. I have new to me side bags installed, a used trunk rack, and have purchased a used G2 trunk rack off of Ebay.

I am looking at a used trunk from a salvage yard, but $$$ is the problem. (They want too much):doh:

Earl

• 1 month later...