IGNORED

Venture Vs. Rolling Tool Cart

scottbly

Holy Crap! I just hit a large rolling tool cart on my way to work. I was doing about 75 mph on the freeway in the early morning light. I was distracted by something (probably the truck pulling off the road up ahead) and suddenly a large gray square appeared about the same color as the road. I thought it was concrete! I did not have time to hit the brake and I just slammed into the middle of it with a shattering thwack. The heavy plastic shattered and flew all up into my bike busting my lower fairing and knocking the vents out. My feet were stinging but I was wearing cowboy boots so no injuries. I have not closely looked at the bike yet, but it looks like the fairing is repairable, but the vents are lost forever. I went back to the crash site after pulling over and catching my breath. Other cars had been smashing thru the debris. I found one of my vents crushed. I guess I am lucky, it could have been concrete. The great jumpmaster in the sky was looking out for me.

The truck was gone by the time I pulled off the road and parked my bike. I am not sure if he dropped the cart or if he had stopped to move the cart off the road. No police, no insurance claim, I just cleared what was left off the road and came to work. Luckily I did not have to go home to changed my shorts.

I have an extra vent from my wrecked 87 that I came across the other day, All the tabs are good and one set of vanes are perfect but It is missing 3 of the blades on the other though. If you want it I would put it in the mail to you free. I will even cover postage. Do the MKI and MKII have the same vents? PM me your address if you want it

Hi Scottbly my name is Mark I lived in AG for years. My cousin still live in Grover Beach, my son lives in Nipomo. Glad youre ok, it could have been lots worse. What freeway did this happen on? Hope your bike can be fixed. Mark