IGNORED

Venture "Stalled" today...WTH??

If you are stalled along the side of the road, you use whatever is available. If the only suggestion we make is to use a screwdriver handle, then sometimes the obvious alternative is overlooked in the heat of the crisis.

But hey, you can feel free to beat on it with whatever you like. Just make sure it is hard.

Goose

Mike, Thanks for the info! And if I'm reading it correctly.... I don't need spare hose??? Just connect the fuel filter inlet hose straight to the carb???

Steve, That's right, the hose from the tank to the filter is long enough to pull it under the tank and around to the carb input.

I did get a few inches of extra hose when I added the in-line gas filter. Tank + 4" of line to the new in-line $3 filter (Walmart), then the original tank hose from the other end of the inline filter to the carb input. (so, include two small band clamps for the filter.)

Ran for days, even interstate speeds.

But again, think about the excess fuel in the disconnected filter and pump.

That's why I pulled the left side cover and disconnected the pump,,, just incase it worked enough to spit it out. And,,, turn off/on the pitcock as needed.

Mike G.

Changed my fuel filter today (Thanks for the "How to" V7GOOSE!!!) Only took about 15-20 minutes.... wasn't THAT bad!!!! Bike has been running fine ....:think:... Kinda wish it would act up again.... so I can figure out wat's going on... for SURE!!!

Hi guy's. I had the same thing happen to my 06 about a month ago. I replaced the fuel filter and thought that the issue had been resolved as I have put around 600km on since replacing it.

Well I was heading out on it today when she quit again. It takes a while to get her going again I seem to have to wait till it cools down before it will start, I first thought that it was an overheating issue.

The pump did come to mind as it did not click at first, then around 7 clicks, then it clicked as it would at the beginning of the season when the gas has been drained. So now I am leaning towards the pump again.

So "stvmair" did you replace the pump? And if so did it fix the issue?

Cheers, Keith.

No, it did not. The only difference in the grade of gasoline is how resistant it is to knocking. This bike is designed to run on regular gas - any other gas has absolutely zero benefits for the bike - either the engine, fuel pump, tires, or any other part. The one thing about gas that could make a difference to some parts of the bike is to never use gas with alcohol, but that is near impossible these days. For fuel pump health, it is MUCH more important to change the fuel filter at a reasonable interval.

I have about 100,000 miles on my 05 with whatever cheapest garbage fuel I can find, and my original fuel pump is just fine. Just because one pump dies is no indication of what another one will do. Same as with the rear shocks - some folks have gone through three or more, others have never had a problem (my original shock choked at 17,000 miles, but the replacement is still fine 80,000 miles later - and I didn't even change what kind of gas I buy! :rotf:).

Goose

even if its a peace of mind. I'm staying with the mid grade gas.

• 1 month later...