IGNORED

Looking for things to do in Arkansa ?

hunthomer66

We are taking a week long trip to Arkansa in Aug and looking for some things to do and places to ride . We will be leaving from MO and headed south down either 65hwy or 71hwy . Looking for great places to stay , eat and senic rides . I'm sure someone on here has been down south to Arkansa . So give me your ideas please .:cool10:

In Kimberling City, there is a great place we stay at, named "Cruise Inn", located at 9687 Hwy 13. They cater to motorcyclists(they ride), you park your bike right outside your room(as in on the sidewalk, under the overhang), you get rags to wipe down, have a wash station too. They also have little bar/saloon on premises. They realy are very nice people. The place is VERY clean and well kept. Great view of the lake. Reasonably priced.

Another place we liked was www.hubinfo.com another bike friendly place centered around some awesome riding.

I can go on and on about Arkansas, since it is our closest good mountain riding. Check out Eureka Springs. www.edelweissinn.com Super clean and bike friendly. Snarley Bill just had a M&E there.

Once in Arkansas pick up the local Motorcycle roads flyer that you can find at just about any motel, and it will have some great roads to ride for you.

Bikes, Blues and BBQ is in Fayetteville the first weekend in September.

Enjoy and be safe.

Brian

Look for cool spots...the ones that are less temperature than the surrounding air. It gets hot down south. I have spent many years in construction through TX, AR, MO and MS and I never rode my bike much there due to the work I did. I always liked Texarkana and Little Rock.

:farmer:

I second the review for Kimberling City, MO. This place is a GREAT place for a small group to have a weekend party. The bar is a nice NEIGHBORHOOD bar that's open EVEN when no one is at the motel...They also play live music on weekends...albeit small scale. I give the place 2 THUMBS UP!!! One of the best "biker motels" I have stayed in...

Don't know about the hub, but I hear good things.

If you want to stay cool...go up to Eureka Springs (only about 20 miles Kimberling City)...or head down the Buffalo River...Ponca has some nice cabins to stay in and you can see the Elk early in the morning or early evening.

Around the Mulberry River it's also pretty nice with temps much cooler on the river.

And finally, I don't recommend staying there....but if you have to travel through Blytheville, AR (Northeast Corner of the State near the Bootheel of Missouri)...and it's during the week...stop by Penn's BBQ. It will be THE BEST CHOPPED BBQ SANDWICH you ever ate!! If they happen to be closed, you can the Dixie Pig, Kream Kastle, Benny Bobs, Yanks, Red Gill's BBQ or one of the other 6-7 other little BBQ shacks in Blytheville.

I have eat a LOT of BBQ pork sandwiches...and I can tell you that the WORST BBQ in Blytheville, AR is better than MOST other sandwiches anywhere around!! And you can take THAT to the BANK!!

Wally

Petit Jean State park is very scenic with a neat story to boot. Close to there is the highest point in Ar., Mt. Magazine. It is scenic too. About any highway you chose to get to those places from the Mo border will be scenic and curvy. Could take Hwy 125 south from I44. It is considered Missouris Tail of the Dragon and has a free ferry ride after it crosses the border. I could tell you about Hawksbill krag but it would be a tough ride on a Venture although when I went a friend rode his Electra Glide. If you go to Petit Jean be sure to check out Petit Jeans gravesite at the top of the mountain. Very easy to get to and a great view.

I could tell you about Hawksbill krag but it would be a tough ride on a Venture although when I went a friend rode his Electra Glide

This is a little bit of a hike too...here I am about 5 years ago on Hawksbill Krag.

Yea I forgot about the hike. You need to be in a little bit of condition to do it. One thing I regret is not taking turns walking down there and getting a picture like that. I got one of a couple of young boys out on it. Their Mom was taking a picture too. When she got done she hollered for them to get off because it was making her nervous for them to be out there. I said Its making me nervous and they aren't even my kids. When we were hiking in my friend said that when I told him about it he wanted to know more so he googled it. Turned out somebody had fallen close to the waterfall a couple of weeks before we were there and died.

We are taking a week long trip to Arkansa in Aug and looking for some things to do and places to ride . We will be leaving from MO and headed south down either 65hwy or 71hwy . Looking for great places to stay , eat and senic rides . I'm sure someone on here has been down south to Arkansa . So give me your ideas please .:cool10:

Hwy 7 is a beautiful ride. If you get to Russellville, stop and eat at Brown's Catfish House. MMM:thumbsup2:

We have a guy that is a photographer here in Arkansas...we call him the Ansel Adams of Arkansas.

Met him a couple of times and he is an awesome photographer...this is one of his more well known conversation pieces.

Pretty cool, huh?

http://www.buffalorivergallery.com/displayimage.php?album=24&pos=14

I just got around to looking at those pictures. Spectacular. That guy has really been out there a lot under a lot of conditions. I think this fall I'm goin back.