IGNORED

Marine Arrogance

kantornado

Semper Fi U.S.M.C. .

I received this article from a brother Marine, It says all of what I believe and carry with me everyday of my life. All I know is that my transformation process to this state of "arrogance" started in September 1972 when I arrived at MCRD San Diego, Ca and by Jan 73 all traces of the "unorganized grab-ass tic" slothful being that disembarked from the bus had vanished from the face of the earth and a proud indestructible new being with a vibrant 197 year-old Heart, took form. That Heart still beats proudly some 39 years later as I recall the names, faces, places and events that ensued while proudly wearing Marine Green and knowing that I was a link in an unbreakable chain that was forged on 10 November 1775 but would be without termination. The blood of every Marine that ever was and ever will be, flows through my veins and mine in theirs. I have tried to "lovingly" explain it to non-Marines but as the axiom says, "To a Marine no explanation is necessary to one who is not, no explanation is possible!"

Semper Fidelis - God, Country & Corps

http://mail.aol.com/33953-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=28586788&folder=Inbox&partId=4

Marine Arrogance

The below was taken from the latest edition of Sgt. Grit . An excellent response:

I wrote this in response to an Army guy on Facebook who posted a comment on our Marine Corps site that he was sick and tired of Marine "arrogance". As it would to any Marine, it pissed me off some and I posted this. I hope you enjoy it and feel free to repost it wherever you would like. Thank you and Semper Fi! Marc Ciacchi.

Someone asked me what makes Marines special. I thought about that for awhile.

I think that what makes Marines special, if only in our own minds, is that elusive Quality of Espirit D'Corps. It's the fact that we, as individual Marines, don't feel that we are individual Marines. When we wear our uniform, when we hear our Hymn, when we go into battle, we are going with every other Marine who ever wore the uniform.

Standing behind us are the Marines who fought during the birth Of our nation. We're standing with the Marines who fought in WWI and gave birth To the legend of the "Teufel Hun den", or "Devil Dogs". We are standing with the Marines who took Iwo and Tarawa and countless other blood soaked islands throughout the Pacific. We are standing with the "Frozen Chosin" and our Beloved Chesty Puller. We are standing with the Marines who battled at Hue City And Khe Sanh and the muddy rice paddies of South East Asia .

We are standing With the Marines who fought in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom and now, are fighting in Afghanistan . Like real brothers, their blood courses through our veins, and when we go into battle, we would rather lay down our lives than be a disappointment to them. We carry on our backs, their legacy, their deaths and their honor. We Carry that for the rest of our lives.

The Marine Corps uniform doesn't come off when our active duty is over. We wear it daily in our attitude, and our love of Corps and country. We wear it on our tattoos and our bumper stickers. We wear it in our hearts. It's why, no matter where we are in the world, on November 10th, every Marine celebrates the Marine Corps birthday. It's why we'll never be an army of 1.

It's why we never stop being Marines. It's why, for most of us, being a Marine Isn't something we were. It's something we are. It's the most important part of Who and what we are. Some say we're arrogant. We say we're proud. We have a right to be proud. We are United States Marines. The most feared and ferocious Group of warriors to walk the face of this earth. When Americas ' enemies formulate

their battle plans, they plan on going around Marine units, because they know D-mn well that they can't go through them. We are what the other branches wish they were. We are the modern day Spartans. This isn't bragging. It's written In the battle history of our country. When there's a parade and the Marines march by, everyone pays a little more attention. Some say "arrogance". We call it "pride"

Never been in the military, retired cop. But I have to agree with you that Marines are not the type to back off or leave a comrade. They will stick to the bloody end.

Some of the people I worked with were Marines and they were the ones you trusted.

Not that all non military personnel were not just as big hard asses. Marines do seem to have that honed edge though.

Thank you for your service.

I was a cop and I will die a cop. I know what you mean when it never leaves you.

MoS

U S ARMY RECON!!! 68-70 We were know to be there when needed also. My son was a Jarhead.

It makes no difference what uniform you wore. And marines were no better than any other uniform no matter what it was that were there when needed.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Guess I'm different...active duty for six years and i still benefit from what I learned and what was instilled in me (15 years ago), but it was a job and a way of life that I don't miss nor hate. While everyone ran to get tattoos I was content to have a beer and listen to the ole timers tell their sea stories and doing my job. When my enlistment was up it was over and life moved on. With most agencies/branches there's a certain amount of propaganda to encourage people to do their best and instill self sacrifice.

If you took your basic training to heart we all learned the same thing. TEAM WORK.It took ALL OF US to get the job done. From the pay clerk to the grunt it took all of us. And it always will. That's what makes the U.S. different. It takes US !I was USAF and that training will guide the way I do things the rest of my life. I remember one time going home on leave and how all my old friends were kinda weird. They hadn't changed one bit. I was the one who had changed. I had learned of something far greater than myself and was defending her. And it don't matter which uniform you had on, I'll still stand with you and defend her today ! Think I heard that in a song somewhere didn't I ?

All Gave Some and Some Gave All...

The tradition of marines started centuries ago when British ships carried soldiers to join the sailors in fighting while the sailors handled the ship. They were called marines. I think even before that it goes back to Roman galleys with soldiers on board but I don't think they were called marines.

It makes no difference what uniform one wears it is that we served. As I stated

"To a Marine no explanation is necessary to one who is not, no explanation is possible!"

Yammer Dan your son knows and a BIG Semper Fi to him.

Just wanted to share a good message to my fellow MARINES.......Ron:cool10: