IGNORED

Cooling Vest Update

Tom

http://www.coolwingrider.com/ OK I got my cooling vests in and tried them yesterday,102 degrees F , FANTASTIC but a little pricey,BUT worth it if you want to stay COOL AND DRY!!! I bought the 2 up special which includes 2 Vests and a set of cooling bags or whatever they are called PLUS they come with an additional set(2) that can be put in the cooler bag to change out later in the day. The thing I was afraid of is that the cooling gel packs would not do as they say BUT they do! In 20 minutes the gel packs are frozen in ice water,(It only takes 65 degrees water to refreeze)they say it will do it in a cooler with just ice,I dont know but I suspect it will. Now the cooler doesnt need to be that big,just a 6 pack cooler that fits on a luggage rack is good enough.The gel pacts DO NOT burn your skin even if placed against your skin in a frozen state..I dont know how..The best part of this whole thing is you stay TOTALLY DRY. TOTALLY!!!!! I felt like I was riding at 65-70 degrees for 2 hours then I changed them out,remember they recharge in 20 minutes. Quality is fantastic and IF ever the Gel bags break they are lifetime replacement. These folks have a 90 day return policy no questions ask if you do not like them for ANY reason,you just have to pay the freight back. This is my review,I am in no way affiliated with these folks,I just want to share what I think is the best of the best! Tom

Thanks Tom. Was really thinking about popping for one of the Forum Specials and they don't go any bigger the 2xl. Too small for this large economy sized guy. Oh well... Back to the mesh gear...and Gator Aid.

Thanks Tom. Was really thinking about popping for one of the Forum Specials and they don't go any bigger the 2xl. Too small for this large economy sized guy. Oh well... Back to the mesh gear...and Gator Aid.

Jack ,I'm no midget take a 3 XL Shirt and it fits plus the side bands are stretchy. A friend of mine that rides a Wing is 6ft 7 355 and it fits him.

Jack ,I'm no midget take a 3 XL Shirt and it fits plus the side bands are stretchy. A friend of mine that rides a Wing is 6ft 7 355 and it fits him.

I wear a 4xl Tall to be comfortable, and your buddy sounds like my twin.... I wonder if the 90 day money back applies... in case it doesn't fit?? I wear the 4xl so I don't feel like a piece of sausage.. Maybe a call to them is in order. I wonder if I buy one they'll donate one to the VR Rally in Cody?? :whistling:

I wear a 4xl Tall to be comfortable, and your buddy sounds like my twin.... I wonder if the 90 day money back applies... in case it doesn't fit?? I wear the 4xl so I don't feel like a piece of sausage.. Maybe a call to them is in order. I wonder if I buy one they'll donate one to the VR Rally in Cody?? :whistling:
Give them a call. I think they will make larger sizes also. And yes unconditional returnpolicy.

The Phase change technology is a great idea. I have packs that work in the opposite direction. They get warm when activated. They are a liquid when charged and have a small disk inside that you "click" to set off the reaction to warm them up. The downside was that whenever I wanted to use one, they were already activated somehow. How do you activate these? I'm assuming these go from a solid phase to a liquid phase?

Bill

The Phase change technology is a great idea. I have packs that work in the opposite direction. They get warm when activated. They are a liquid when charged and have a small disk inside that you "click" to set off the reaction to warm them up. The downside was that whenever I wanted to use one, they were already activated somehow. How do you activate these? I'm assuming these go from a solid phase to a liquid phase?

Bill

The Gel is a thick liquid gel similar looking to what use to be a hair product called "Dep" except more liquified. In 20 Minutes they are frozen solid,1 hour in the freezer they are frozen VERY solid. I didnt use much Ice in the sink water but it did freeze. Technology is a wonderful thing. I still dont understand how it can Freeze in 20 minutes in 65 degree water..But then again I just drive a truck for a living so I just know now it works.

They also come in a jumbo size for 3x thru 5x riders.

Well Ultimate test today..Debby riding with me half the day.. She is REALLY being nice to me..She LOVES hers...97 to 103 today 3 hours and was still cool LOVE IT. They will NOT be returned..Did I say we were both DRY at the end of the day??

But then again I just drive a truck for a living so I just know now it works.

That probably makes you smarter than about 90% of the morons out there with a driver license then...:whistling::rotf:

Hey Tom, How long does a pack last before you have to change it ?

That probably makes you smarter than about 90% of the morons out there with a driver license then...:whistling::rotf:

Hey Tom, How long does a pack last before you have to change it ?

We went 3 hours before we even thought about it. I've been told about 2 hours but at 3 there was still some frozen gel. Even if you don't buy extra sets of gel packs if you stop to eat throw them in the ice chest. 20 minutes and they are refrozen. Come by one week when I'm working and test it out.

Give them a call. I think they will make larger sizes also. And yes unconditional returnpolicy.

Well I just went ahead and popped for one of the large economy sized vests. The say they needed to be 're-frozen' every 2-3 hours, and I'll just keep a set in the ice chest on the front of the trailer. Hope it works....:scorched: :snow2: