IGNORED

Georgia area trip info

Thistledown

We will be heading out soon for the Georgia area with the RV and RSV. Since the wife will not tent camp we like to take the RV to some state camp ground them hop on the RSV and ride from there to see the area. We might do an overnight in a hotel if the loop is more than a one day ride. Generally we haul the unigo with the 2 Border Terriers, they love to ride. We did 3k in the west last summer this way. I was hoping that I could get some suggestion on where to go in in the Southern mountains, we will end our trip with a stay at the Vogel event

Sounds like a great trip for all. Vogel is a good place to base out of however there are other options. I know of Moccasin Creek which I have been by a number of times and looks good from the road. I also know it stays fairly busy. MC is closer to the NE corner of the state which gives you better access to all of N Georgia, as well as NC and some Tenn. Enjoy your time in the area.

All the best,

Norm

Ga. has some great state parks, check out the web site below. They are well maintained and usually there is something going on in most parks,and the surrounding areas. I hope this will help you when you plan your trip. When you get here give a shout out and folks will meet up with you and ride.

http://gastateparks.org/

You might want to consider joining Friends of GA State Parks. That way you get a pass to all the parks, and also get a free night of camping.

http://friendsofgastateparks.org/index.html

There are 100+ state parks in Georgia. It has one of the best park systems in this country.

Come visit the Dahlonega Gold Museum while you're here. I'll give you a guided tour.

Site of the first US gold rush. US Mint 1838-1861 minting only US gold coins.