IGNORED

trailer hitch

t-man

Just wondering if anyone has a trailer hitch that would fit on my wife's 83 venture royal. We are new to the wounderful world of motorcycling. We are eager to go camping with our venture. Are you aware of another hitch that might fit. thanks very much T-man.:322:

does that hitch work on a 83 venture

Well, it came off of one. So, it should fit. I bought it as a parts bike for my '83. But, I ended up getting a GoldWing before I finished renovating my Venture. The hitch assembly is one of the items I won't be needing. I've also got the wrap around rear bumper (actually 2 of 'em) that I had disassembled for painting and re-chrome work.

Just so you folks know, the '83 to '85 use a different style of Markland hitch it wont work on the MKII's '86 to '93. You'll have to buy a Markland hitch for your specific year, theu wont interchange without major modifying

:2cents:

I just bought a Markland hitch that will fit an 83 that I cleaned up and painted. I also put a new 1 7/8th inch ball on it. Unfortunately, it will not fit my bike unless I take off the current lightbar thatI have on it.

I can send you a picture if you want. And yes, they are getting rare. If I don't sell it, I may try to extend it some to get past the light bar.

RandyA