IGNORED

wobble problem

latchkey

i have a fairly new e-3 on the front of my bike. last few times i rode it ,taking off when i get in the 15-20 mph range the front end has a very noticeable wobble to it. get above that speed and its gone.? checked front end all`s tight and good,check balance of tire-ok? cant really see any thing wrong here. anyone ever had this? iam thinking tire but it was fine for 1400 miles before this started.

As Sqiudley & Eagleeye have said, steering head bearings and tire pressure. After that it would be something loose. A loose, broken, or missing bolt that secures the saddle bags or trunk can also cause a wobble.

Loose steering head bearings are the most likely cause of your wobble and they don't have to be very loose to cause problems. Somewhere on this website is a detailed procedure for check and tightening the sterring head bearings without disassembling the front end.:080402gudl_prv:

I just experienced this on my trip to Colorado. I even stopped at a Yamaha dealership (bad experience). I ended up taking all the air out of the forks(both sides) and all was well after that. I had 4 pounds in at the time. I believe that caused my wobble. I also run an E3 on the front.

Brian