IGNORED

Heading west soon..

Midrsv

I was oringinally scheduled to leave today for the Oregon-N. California coast but one of my riding companions had a death in the family so we had to postpone our start until Thursday morning. We'll be taking a northerly route from Central Ky through IN, IL, IA, MN, SD, MT and WA (I-90) on our way to Portland where we will pick up our wives on Monday. From there we'll head on to the coast and follow it down to San Fransisco and on to Big Sur. From there we'll head east through Yosemite and then south to Las Vegas where we'll drop the wives at the airport before we head back across I-40 toward home. So if you see 2 Goldwings and a Tour Deluxe along that route give us a wave or stop us for a chat, I'm sure we'll need a break.

After Thursday morning you can follow our SPOT track by going to http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=2fd74df6c9a6b12d4

Dennis

i don't know how much time you have, but if you're going to I-40 from vegas you should check out hitting Rt.66 through Oatman, az. and then continuing Rt.66 through williams,az. first, ......then pick up I-40...

i don't know how much time you have, but if you're going to I-40 from vegas you should check out hitting Rt.66 through Oatman, az. and then continuing Rt.66 through williams,az. first, ......then pick up I-40...

While I've been on parts of Rt. 66 I would love to explore it more. Unfortunately, on the way to Portland and the return from Las Vegas we have no time to spare and we'll just be rolling down the interstates as fast as we can.

Dennis

Have a great trip Dennis, we did the West Coast in '06 when we went to the Venture West III rally in Susanville California. Rode 101 up into Oregon and spectacular doesn't even come close to a word for it. Be safe my friend and take lots of pics

:thumbsup2:

Swear I say you guys today (Thursday) But it wasn't on the Interstate. It was on Hwy 117. Must have been a coincidence because I saw three bikes, 2 winngs and a rstd all loaded down, rain gear on and they looked like they were ready for a long ride. If it was you guys I was the rider on the RSV MM Edition

ps Hwy 117 is off I-74 just befor Peoria, Il. If it was you I passed you just as you came into the town Of Eureka, Illinois

Swear I say you guys today (Thursday) But it wasn't on the Interstate. It was on Hwy 117. Must have been a coincidence because I saw three bikes, 2 winngs and a rstd all loaded down, rain gear on and they looked like they were ready for a long ride. If it was you guys I was the rider on the RSV MM Edition

ps Hwy 117 is off I-74 just befor Peoria, Il. If it was you I passed you just as you came into the town Of Eureka, Illinois

I don't think it was us. We did ride through Peoria on 74 and we may have had our rain suits on but I don't think we got off on 117 but I may be mistaken. Was one of the wings towing a Bushtec trailer? The tour deluxe was a midnight.

Dennis

We've had a good run so far. Yesterday was cloudy all day and we hit several 30 second showers along the way. We made it to Cedar Rapids, IA. Today we continued on with perfect riding weather and tonight we're in Wall, SD. A total of 1280 miles in two days.

I've posted a few photos at www.traynorphoto.com/wcday2

Not many photo ops so far. We're just rolling the miles.

Dennis