IGNORED

Riding West Virginia

Ky. Rider

For all you West Virginia members and riders I just finished an 800 mile, 3 day tour of the Marlington/Snow Shoe Mountain area. We followed the designated routes that are laid out and that is some beautiful country. There were six of us in all including a HD, GW, GW trike, BMW, Kawasaki, and my RSV. All bikes were flawless in the total 2000 mile trip. Met some nice folks, ate some good food in small town restaurants (no fast food) and enjoyed the temps in the 70's/low 80's in the mountains. I recommend the area to ride. Pictures may be coming. Hats off to West Virginia for making motorcycling touring inviting. :thumbsup2:

Hey we rented a house for a week in Canaan Valley WV the first week of September. Going to ride from Illinois out there and do a weeks worth of riding around. Send me some of the roads you took so we can enjoy also. We rented a house for a week for under $700 and 3 couples are going so really cheap. here is a link to the house. They have like 45 of them so you can go big with lot's of bedrooms or cozy for you and Momma. Bryan 52577 and his special lady are going with us also.

http://www.clearstay.com/Vacation+Rentals/US-West+Virginia-Canaan+Valley/PropertyDetails.aspx?unit=1495-48176

Headed there tomorrow with a stopover in Bristol. Thursday's destination is the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs. From Bristol, we go up to Wytheville VA, then up to Princeton to pick up US460, to US219 to Ronceverte, then over to WSS. The forecast is for pretty crappy weather most of the trip up, but the ride home will be better, with more mountain riding and less on the superslab.