IGNORED

Bad fuel pump. Can I safely run by bypassing?

Facet 40171: from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. It has a positive shut off when the key is turned off. There are other fuel pumps that don't have this feature. if you don't have this feature and you do not close the fuel petcock and with a full tank of fuel you have the potential of fuel leaking past the carburetor and into the cylinders. This will give you a hydraulic lock that could damage the engine or starter. At the very least it will scare the hell outta you when it locks the engine. Don't ask how I know. Oh and contaminate the oil! :shock3:

Hummm I have to check I may have the pump that does not need the POS shut off. I have it, And it will need some fittings to work and thats about it looks to me like.

OH! NOW I remember what I was waiting for! Someone to donate the plug end of a bad fuel pump so i would not have to chop my wire harness to get the new Pump on!

I Despise hacking into a factory wire harness! OR if someone would lead me to a plug place that would sell me a proper plug, I would not mind setting up a dozen Plug and play pumps fittings and all and make them available.

I guess you could always ditch the pump circuit and go off the ING ON power line under the seat I recall one being there somewhere. Thought of that.

Anyways I want to do it this spring on my Maintence Months.