IGNORED

How would you?

albyzee

How does one remove the sticker put on the gas tank on a new bike warning about wearing a helmet? I tired with my finger nail but its on very well. I certainly do not wish to scratch the paint trying to remove it. Thank you in advance for the help.

I used Goo-Gone on mine, soaked a rag in it and just kept at it, your right they do not come off easy..

Good luck

K

How does one remove the sticker put on the gas tank on a new bike warning about wearing a helmet? I tired with my finger nail but its on very well. I certainly do not wish to scratch the paint trying to remove it. Thank you in advance for the help.

Old plastic bank card followed by Goo-Gone for the adhesive residue. Plenty of elbow grease required.

Warm it up with a heat gun. It'll peel right off all in one piece very easily, no elbow grease required. A little mineral spirits will clean up the remaining residue.

A heat gun is the best way to remove decals. I used my wife's blow-drier to take the huge "Ninja" decal off of the sides of my first ZX11D.

:080402gudl_prv:

• 4 weeks later...

I have used Goo-Gone and it was OK but Turrle Wax makes a sticker and label remover that works/worked a lot better for me. Walmart has it and it (auto section), in a spray can and if I remember correctly it is cheaper than Goo-Gone.

• 2 weeks later...