IGNORED

99 venture clutch problem?

Dont know how to do a search for this question so will ask instead.

Started the royal star up today, pressed the clutch lever there was no tension. Put in gear, it died. Put in neutral and started it again and put in first. The clutch lever did not work. Could not get out of gear to neutral. Had to kill it and roll back and forth to get to neutral.

I put in a new clutch kit a few years back, hardly any miles on it.

Should I change out the fluid or the engine oil?

Any ideas?

Jim

Hydraulic problem?....check fluid?....try bleeding system....

:sign yeah that: Insure that the clutch slave is working properly and the fluid is good. I would actually bleed it 1st if you haven't had that done in a few years as the fluid will more than likely need to be replaced.

Finally got the clutch bled out. If following the Yamaha repair manual, it would take a week.

Used a left over plunger from a windshield repair kit to force fluid in from the bottom and to catch any fluid while doing a last minuite bleed. Worked like a charm and cost nothing for the plunger.

Thanks for the advice.

Jim

Finally got the clutch bled out. If following the Yamaha repair manual, it would take a week.

Used a left over plunger from a windshield repair kit to force fluid in from the bottom and to catch any fluid while doing a last minuite bleed. Worked like a charm and cost nothing for the plunger.

Thanks for the advice.

Jim

Nothing like a good old reverse bleed......:thumbsup2: