IGNORED

Ride in Texas Hill Country

Moakster

My son and I recently got back from a ride in the Texas Hill Country. We visited Fredericksburg, Leakey Luckenbach and Bandera. We rode the Three Sisters ( FM 335, 336, 337). We also made a stop at the Texas famous, Garven Store. It switched from rain to shine on all three days but we got some good riding time. This is the first ride we have got to do together since he came back from Iraq. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Moakster

I am jealous! I want to ride out that way again. Only rode out there once and really had a great time. It was little tricky keeping up with the gixxer and boofa's i rode with, with that warble i had.

The one with really tight and crowned twisties was great. Slinging that bike from side to side, even saw the whip antennae slap the side of the hills a few times.

Took my grandaughter last month and grandson last year. this year on 335 we saw camels, kangaroos, and one lone giraffe. that just added to the fun. the best roads in texas are there and most of the bikers in TX know it. That makes riding mucnh more fun when you see and talk to others.

Guest cyote61
My son and I recently got back from a ride in the Texas Hill Country. We visited Fredericksburg, Leakey Luckenbach and Bandera. We rode the Three Sisters ( FM 335, 336, 337). We also made a stop at the Texas famous, Garven Store. It switched from rain to shine on all three days but we got some good riding time. This is the first ride we have got to do together since he came back from Iraq. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Moakster

Wait wait, is that a hill I see in that photo? A hill in Texas? Naw, you must have snuck over to New Mexico to get that shot :rotf:My brother, V7goose lives over there by you and he keeps tellin me everytime I come over, we gotta go ride in hill country and I keep telling him I don't have time to ride over to NM right now. :whistling: He gets more PO'd when I ask him if we are going fireant hunting then :Laugh:

Guest Red Raider

Excellent Ride!

The first time I rode the trinity (3 sisters) one of my buddies blew out his rear (tire and tube) on one of the cattle guards on 336. He was running about 95. He stayed off the brakes and coasted it in to a "standing" stop.

The next time I rode with him he had new wheels with tubeless tires!

I'm glad you enjoyed the time with your son and congratulations to him for his service to our country.

BTW, did you dine at the Old Spanish Trail restaraunt in Bandera? It's a great breakfast stop!

Greg

Just got back from there two weeks ago myself!!!! What a great place to ride... Too bad I don't live about 100 miles south of here. It wouldn't take near as long to get into the hills... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I've been riding the "Three Sisters" as often as I can for several years... Funny -- I never get tired of them..... :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Wait wait, is that a hill I see in that photo? A hill in Texas? Naw, you must have snuck over to New Mexico to get that shot :rotf:My brother, V7goose lives over there by you and he keeps tellin me everytime I come over, we gotta go ride in hill country and I keep telling him I don't have time to ride over to NM right now. :whistling: He gets more PO'd when I ask him if we are going fireant hunting then :Laugh:

You just stay away - you ain't welcome in the Texass hill country no more!:no-no-no:

Goose

Dan

You forgot to tell that while in the Hill Country you can just join up with a group of riders that are not who you thought they were and come away wth a new set of friends and the group photos to prove it LOL

AND YOU NEVER MAKE (ENJOYABLE) MISTAKES?

Guest cyote61
You just stay away - you ain't welcome in the Texass hill country no more!:no-no-no:

Goose

That ain't a problem since there is no such thing as hills in Texas:rasberry:

But tomorrow I know where they are serving free beer and greasy burgers! And it ain't in Texas.:whistling:

You get to see them crazy race horses on your trip ?? When I did the two of the three sisters we came across what I thought was a holding farm for a zoo ...turns out they were just Texas race horses ...that Tom showed us everything !!!

Hey Bruce...I aint showed you nuthin yet....EH!!!!! ..Enjoying the book about Canadians and how to make them think you are a local when you are there.....I have it down pat now..If anything is said about my accent I will tell em Im from South Canada..EH!!