IGNORED

RSTD Possible patch design

Stache

How about this;

No crown - make bike red,some white,some black - words black - put the Yamaha emblem (or Yamaha) in front of Tour Deluxe ( Yamaha,emblem, Tour Deluxe ) ..... just my thoughts. Thanks for your time doing this.

James

How about this;

No crown - make bike red,some white,some black - words black - put the Yamaha emblem (or Yamaha) in front of Tour Deluxe ( Yamaha,emblem, Tour Deluxe ) ..... just my thoughts. I like the idea of spelling it out and not the abbreviation (RSTD). No one knows what that means unless you have one. Thanks for your time doing this.

James

I vote for Royal Star across the top and Tour Deluxe as it is on the bottom. I would guess the bike should contrast to whatever the patch color will be so it pops off the patch.

Maybe

Black Patch, red letters, and gray or white bike.

Black Patch, white letters, and red bike.

I vote for Royal Star across the top and Tour Deluxe as it is on the bottom. I would guess the bike should contrast to whatever the patch color will be so it pops off the patch.

Maybe

Yes, good idea RoyalG .. Excellent idea.. great idea. Like that ...did I say that was a good idea?:backinmyday:

Maybe

OH SURE........discriminate against those of us who have blue bikes.....:whistling:

I like your patch idea......to the point without clutter....... nice idea RoyalG

How about the same pic of bike or whatever color is decided and in the background have on one half mountains and the other highrises. Basically showing that a Tour Deluxe is set for touring or city driving. Just a thought since Ventures are more of a touring bike and the RSTD is a cross between a cruiser and touring.

I think this 'pops' a little more ...

Once we get pretty close, I'm gonna PM Golf&Venture to give it the final touch, and organize sales/production, if he'd be willing to. I know some people are suggesting a company, but G&V's a member, and he did good with the Venture patches...

Once we get pretty close, I'm gonna PM Golf&Venture to give it the final touch, and organize sales/production, if he'd be willing to. I know some people are suggesting a company, but G&V's a member, and he did good with the Venture patches...

I like it, except that it obscures the windscreen. That giant sail is one of the best parts of the RSTD.

Couple questions:

* Can it be made with photo-reflective thread? It's hard to find a good reflective patch.

* Can different bike colors be offered? Those of us with non-red bikes might like having a patch closer to what we own. The red is very red, to the point of it being a signature of the patch.

Bonus question: what size is being considered?

Dave

I like this with a white bike.

Sounds like the right idea. you know, I just viewed the venture patch and G&V did a nice design... just saying. Perhaps he has design thoughts.

I've pushed as far as I can with the design. I'm nobody's artist :)

I've invited G&V back into the conversation to offer some advice on final adjustments to the design, colour options, sizes, etc.

Whatever else happens I'm in for 2 of each size.

I'd be happy to help. The design is really nice. The only suggestions that I could offer is 1) center the star down from the Letter "Y" and move the Tour Deluxe to the right a tad away from the rear Tire. The challenge is the details a picture provides to what can be done on a patch.

I can inquire about photo-reflective thread.

I'm sure that different color RSTD can be accommodated. The thing to do is for those who want specific colors to submit a picture of their RSTD so the thread could be closely matched. We can do the colors if the design works out

Various sizes can be provided. The largest is around 15 inches wide and the smallest will depend on how well the details come out. Once the changes are made and the group agrees then we can do some patch experimenting.

So Spencer could you make those small adjustments and then we can move forward.

Whats the group thoughts of having a backup plan if the M/C details does not come out to the groups liking. So what does the group think about a patch where the existing M/C is replaced with a much bigger Star?

Version 3.

As far as colour goes, the last model year for the RSTD only had red and charcoal/black as far as I can find out.

I'll need similar quality and presentation photos to try to fit in other colours.

Glad to have you back in G&V

Any possibility of getting some made for us present and future ;) Classic owners?? Same design, just change one word!

Shouldn't be a problem. Is the same pic alright?

Which word do you want changed? :whistling:

Shouldn't be a problem. Is the same pic alright?

Which word do you want changed? :whistling:

Since the RSTCs are painted differently than the RSTDs, would that be a problem. The layout would stay the same, just the coloring of the bike would be different. If that could be accomodated, I'd buy a full set! Or 3!!

As for which word?? :crackup:

Since the RSTCs are painted differently than the RSTDs, would that be a problem. The layout would stay the same, just the coloring of the bike would be different. If that could be accomodated, I'd buy a full set! Or 3!!

As for which word?? :crackup:

Kindly see RSTC patch version 1 above. As far as colour goes, im using photos for layout purposes bcause I cant draw worth a damn. Any thread colour can be used once the design is set, so getting a representative colour sample for the classic shouldnt be too hard.

One thing to remember here, everyone: Price will depend largely on the size of the production run and every time we change colours we probably impact the price...

Whats the group thoughts of having a backup plan if the M/C details does not come out to the groups liking. So what does the group think about a patch where the existing M/C is replaced with a much bigger Star?

I'm good with using a star. You did a nice job with the Venture patch, looks like a logo.