IGNORED

Dangerous weather

Venturous Randy

This last storm has been a bad one here. I know that Alabama got hit hard, but we had seven people killed at a local truck stop in southwest Virginia and my kid brother was at the same truck stop when it happened. He had a 2X4 come thru the sleeper in the truck he was in and all he got was some minor cuts from glass.

My lady Linda had new windows installed in her house two weeks ago and 12 of them got broken and her vinyl siding looks like someone spent an hour shooting the house with a machine gun from the hail. My Maxima looks like someone with a big ball peen hammer went all over it. I am surprised my windows survived but my passenger side mirror is busted.

My concern now is our eastern NC friends like Mini Muffin, ADC Aurthur, Beer 30 and others. This one is not done yet.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

yes another bad one. It looks like the current toll is 14 dead in Georgia

I spent an hour last night down in the basement, but the worst of the storm went by just a few miles to the north. It looks like the entire SE coast is getting hammered right now, with VA Beach in its bullseye.

We're having some freaky weather lately, and I think it's due to ocean temps rising a couple of degrees over normal. With Japan moving 13 feet closer to the Pacific Coast, it's probably opened up fissures making for a big El Niño... It only take a couple of degrees to mess things up. Right now Hawaii is running a couple of degrees warmer..... HAWAII OCEAN TEMPS

Weather seems to be over now for us and southeastern VA. This is just getting way too crazy with the tornado's. We don't live in tornado alley and we're all getting stuff as strong as they do. The last storms that came through two weeks ago this coming saturday had tornado's that hit not far from me and they were EF3's. This weather has just been really scary lately.

Margaret

We're praying for them

We been in a Tornado as well back in 1973 took out my Aunts house along with ours lost everything Lucky the good Lord kept us safe no one was lost

And yes this is some weird weather indeed TX & OK are known world wide as Tornado Alley and here we are watching other States getting hammered with Tornadoes Looks as if Tornado Alley has move further East

We're praying for them

We been in a Tornado as well back in 1973 took out my Aunts house along with ours lost everything Lucky the good Lord kept us safe no one was lost

And yes this is some weird weather indeed TX & OK are known world wide as Tornado Alley and here we are watching other States getting hammered with Tornadoes Looks as if Tornado Alley has move further East

It hasn't, moved East that is.

We are still early in the season. The storms tend to start out east then move back towards Texas and Oklahoma before hitting the Mid-West a few weeks later.

We are in Oklahoma, so we have our shelter ready and our fingers crossed ... and our warmest feelings and condolences to those who suffered so much last night.

JUST WANT TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW WE ARE FINE AFTER THE HUGE STORM DAY HERE IN ALABAMA, BUT THERE'S A LOT OF FOLKS, OUT IN THE COLD!! it was a little hairey yesterday, as we woke up to a lot of damage from straight line winds of around 90-100mph. then after 3 pm MANY tornados hit well into the night. today the death toll is up to 204 and problly may still go up. whole towns are gone and many townfolks are injured or dead. susan left yesterday for panama city, fl for a sleep confr. with co-works and is safe. i sat and watch as all of it happened with 2 twister going within 5 miles of my house and real close to my daughter's. these didn't do much but the ones north of here did a lot of damage. please keep everyone that has been thru this in your prayers and thoughts. the national news services has done a lot of reports from here and pres obama is coming tomorrow and hopefully declare a state of emer. for the state so they can get some much needed help.