IGNORED

Avon Tires (positive posts)

Riderduke

Just recieved my second set of Avon's from Jake Wilson last week, haven't mounted them yet, I was trying to get the last out of my Avon's that are on the bike now. I did have little cracks on the front I was not very concerned about. the new set that just came is dated from late in the year 2009. I love my Avon's and can't wait to get the new sneakers on the scooter.

I much prefer the Avons' handling and will go back to them the next time I need tyres. I'm on E3s right now because of the cracking. While some of us have had problems, I'm working under the assumption that it was something that will pass. Poor warehouse storage? Bad batch? I don't know. I just know I like them better.

I put an Avon Venom X on the rear of the RSV last summer, put about 8K miles on it so far. Still looks as new as the day it was mounted and no signs of cracking. :fingers-crossed-emo

Today was a general maintenance day on the scoot so the tire got a good inspection. Changed all the fluids and washed the K&N filters.

No if I could only get my air horn compressor to work.

Only having my RSV Two years, I went from bald dunlops when I bought her, to a set of Metzlers. They feel great and I have had no complaints as far as handling goes. But I think next time around I will try the Avons. Everyone seems to like them.

I don't know how many miles you have on the Metzlers, but the reason I switched from them is the scalloped look and noise in the corners from the rear after about 10k miles. From my experience, the Avons run more miles, and look fairly round faced, and stay quiet all through the life span, which for me seems to be around 18k miles.

Just my :2cents: , Scooter Bob