IGNORED

Who builds the best trike kit for the first gen?

FROG MAN

Unfortunately, TriWing is the only one making a true trike kit for the RSV.

I was told by a Goldwing/Champion dealer that the problem was with Yamaha's drive shaft. That and their isn't much demand for a Yammi trike as a Goldwing.....

I think it's more of the latter as I feel sure mechanical problems can be solved. That's why I won't spend the money on the TriWing kit. The other alternatives are mostly training wheel type setups....

I look forward to purchasing my Goldwing trike next Sat, the 26th.

I looked on ebay and the goldwing rider site for used trikes and found that 10 year old goldwing trikes are bringing about $17K!!!!

Have a great day all,

Alex

Get in touch with Fred Vogt, he has a real nice 1st gen trike. Sorry, I don't have his email and don't know if he has re-registered yet.

I talked to Fred on the telephone a few months ago. I can probably find his number...

the tri-wing kit run 5999.00 and up .

I have one of the kits for my 1986 and love it.So far this year I have 6000 miles on it for the first year after I finished it and it works great and handle great to.They are the only onesthat make a kit today for the older ventures. All the rest have discontinued the kits for the venture.

good luck on your project

bikenut:cool10:

It varies, you have 4 major trike builders: Motor Trike, California Side Car; Champion; and Hannigan. I am starting to see more California Side Car conversion though. One thing that you definetly will want to get tho, is the EZ Steer, they take the front forks and extend them 4 degrees, it makes it a lot easier when you are going around corners. I have a friend who had his Harley Ultra converted by Motor Trike Conversion and didn't have that put on and he has a problem going through turns. Now he is going back and having it installed. Most of the Conversions have independant suspension. So with the EZ Steery I have heard that they corner similar to a bike.

Dawg

:bobby:

Hey Bikenut that is a great looking trike. I'm definetly interested in chating sometime about all the details. total expenses,labor etc. I'll keep you in mind.

one question for now how smooth is it on the highway? fuel economy? does it have a reverse? Oh my that was three questions.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you're still interested, however, I have purchased a trike

kit for my 83 Venture Royale. Ran into a few snags and had to put it

aside for a couple of months, but am back on the build now. Have to

say that the instruction pamplet isn't the clearest in the world, and a lot

of it has to be 'assumed', but not too bad.

Mine is now running up and down the street, but I still need to put the

body on and wire up the lights.

I'm having a little shimmy in the front end and wondering if anyone else

has had that problem. Wonder if a Superbrace would help.

I know that the Gold Wings rake the forks out about 3 -4 º extra.

Anybody know of a place to get a rake kit for a Venture that old?

For what it's worth, that's my 2¢.:080402gudl_prv:

I ran my new trike from Tri-wing Ind down to Ark this last spring for the first big trip. On the highway it ran very smooth and for the gas milage I got 35 pulling a bushtec trailer. Not to loaded but I think that was ok . I have changed the exhaust collector and rejeted the bike before that run and I am very happy with the change.

I don't have to be concerned with the gas milage because when I built my trike I made a custom spare gas tank that fit just above the rear axle and it holds 4.2 gallons. I have not had to use it yet on the tripe because other people ran out before I had to change my tank over, but it is nice to know it is there.

Bikenut:cool10: :15_8_211[1]: :080402gudl_prv:

• 6 years later...
Don't know if you're still interested, however, I have purchased a trike

kit for my 83 Venture Royale. Ran into a few snags and had to put it

aside for a couple of months, but am back on the build now. Have to

say that the instruction pamplet isn't the clearest in the world, and a lot

of it has to be 'assumed', but not too bad.

Mine is now running up and down the street, but I still need to put the

body on and wire up the lights.

I'm having a little shimmy in the front end and wondering if anyone else

has had that problem. Wonder if a Superbrace would help.

I know that the Gold Wings rake the forks out about 3 -4 º extra.

Anybody know of a place to get a rake kit for a Venture that old?

For what it's worth, that's my 2¢.:080402gudl_prv:

Mike,

I bought a kit for my wife's (ex-wife) 84 Venture and it's been sitting for a few years. Have a new interest now and want to do the trike but have lost the manual. Any chance of getting a copy of yours?

:fingers-crossed-emo

Mine has been on a # of trips, 3 days to 14 days, no problems, 3 summers now and its been get on and ride kind of trike. I do put a new front tire on each season, driveshaft has been flawless. Because the shaft is hard steel and the universal is soft steel it needs to be welded by a special process, I took mine to a company that does buildings and bridges and no problems with it.