IGNORED

Which volt meter do you use and where do you install it on your RSV?

I've been reading the threads on voltmeters and have decided to put one on my 04 RSV. I've looked at the Kuryakan digital and am wondering what you are using and where you mount them on the RSV?

Thank you in advance.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

Well personally, I will stay away from the Show Chrome Volt meter. Went through 3 of them on my '06. They are not water resistance and I'm not a fair weather rider. 2 of the 3 showed that I was charging 36+ volts at an idle and as low as 2 volts at 80 mph at times. Clock never stayed correct. About the only thing I could count on was the Temp gauge. It said HOT all summer long!

Looking myself for a dependable and not outrageously priced volt meter.

BEER30

Go with the Argus analyzer. Its one of my better investments. Not only does it show voltage but also lets you know when your battery is about to expire.

Haven't installed it yet. They recommend drilling a hole in the fairing and running the wire through it to a keyed power source. Been trying to decide if I want to do that. Not keen on splitting the fairing though I've done it before. Was hoping to see where people have installed them to get an idea what I want to do.

Well personally, I will stay away from the Show Chrome Volt meter. Went through 3 of them on my '06. They are not water resistance and I'm not a fair weather rider. 2 of the 3 showed that I was charging 36+ volts at an idle and as low as 2 volts at 80 mph at times. Clock never stayed correct. About the only thing I could count on was the Temp gauge. It said HOT all summer long!

Looking myself for a dependable and not outrageously priced volt meter.

BEER30

I guess maybe I'm just lucky, but I really like the ShowChrome meter. You are right - they are certainly not water resistant in any way but one - mine just keeps on working! I ride year 'round in any weather, and I have had it filled with water more times than I can count (you can actually see the LCD screen fill up!), but it alwayas dries out within a day and just keeps working. Mine is mounted on velcro stuck to the handle bar caps - I just pull it off and stick it in a plastic bag when I wash the bike, but never worry about it in the bad weather.

My clock runs neither fast nor slow, the digital volt meter is way better than an analog meter for knowing exactly what is going on with the load, and green/yellow/red LED voltage indicators (they aren't meters) have no value at all in my book. Finally, I really enjoy having the thermometer and the clock visible at all times without having to mess with the odometer. I've had that meter on my bike for 6 years and 100,000 miles without any problem at all.

Goose