IGNORED

Ventures on Craigslist

Condor

I just did a search on CL for to double check what I found last week. Generally there are always 10-15 bikes that will pop up on a CL Google search nation wide. This morning 3. Same thing last week. Wow!!... Things are sloooow... MOF locally between the SF and SAC CL's there is always been yamaha venture activity. This last month it has been deader than a door nail. I realize it's still winter, but out here in the land of 'Dry Rain' it's always been intertaining. What's going on??

:cody

I wonder how many that you were seeing were people getting out of motorcycling.

Now with the gas prices skyrocketing more people are keeping their bikes.

Talked to a local stealer and he said that there are loads of bikes crawling out of storage that have been stored for many years and the owners want them running. Same thing happened last time gas hit $4.

I wonder how many that you were seeing were people getting out of motorcycling.

Now with the gas prices skyrocketing more people are keeping their bikes.

Talked to a local stealer and he said that there are loads of bikes crawling out of storage that have been stored for many years and the owners want them running. Same thing happened last time gas hit $4.

I'm sure there are some of them that are getting out because of Health, age, no longer interested... But a lot of them, that are riding and stroking payments, are putting theirs up to get out from underneath those payments. Loss of job, divorce. etc. Whatever the reason the listings are way less than they've ever been. I wonder if it's actually CL, and all the bad press they've been getting lately??

There are not many used ones in the west at the moment.I wrecked my RSTD and have been looking for a Venture and not had much luck finding one I like West of the MIssissippi R.I have looked on Craigs List,Cycle Trader and Ebay Motors.I did find one yesterday in Colorado on CT and that is the one I am going for.Insurance check should be here tomorrow.

I must have done something different I came up with 13 pages most good links.

I used Venture OR RSV site:craigslist.org. motorcycles

Yeah, but how many of those links where pure CL Yamaha Venture?? Sure I get lots of hits too, but take a look at the URL address. Most of them are websites that run around copying listings off CL. Do a search using the search I wrote down in the first post. There were 3. Heck even this board popped up a couple of times because of it's references to CL. In the past doing that search I'd get 10-20 CL hits.

Yeah, but how many of those links where pure CL Yamaha Venture?? Sure I get lots of hits too, but take a look at the URL address. Most of them are websites that run around copying listings off CL. Do a search using the search I wrote down in the first post. There were 3. Heck even this board popped up a couple of times because of it's references to CL. In the past doing that search I'd get 10-20 CL hits.

If you use site:craigslist.org it should limit it the search to only Craigslist. I am at a loss you would figure we would both get the same results.

If you use site:craigslist.org it should limit it the search to only Craigslist. I am at a loss you would figure we would both get the same results.

My apologies Joe. Just added the to my search string and got a ton of hits. What a great search!! Wonder why they didn't come up using just the original string??? Thanks for the tip. More intertainment.... :) :thumbsup2:

Hello Everyone: Two out our 4 cycle dealerships have had nice looking Ventures in the past two weeks. One sold in less than 24 hours. Staman's Suzuki in Scottsbluff did have I believe a 2007 Venture last week. (9,000 miles) I think. Happy to check on it if someone is looking? Take care.

I checked this morning. Bike is on consignment. Pretty Blue, 7600 miles. Owner does not want to sell, but NEEDS to sell. Asking price is $12,000 but I suspect price is negotioable. I took pictures....

Edited by Phoneman1981