Do new Ventures come from the factory with the "I" basket installed? May be interested in buying a 2011 Venture S and I'm wondering if I'll have to go through the trouble of getting the basket changed prior to delivery.

Also, has anyone heard any news of a Venture re-design? Is there a new and improved Venture coming out soon?

Thanks!

I would ride the bike before asking for an "I" basket change, it may be ok, some are and some are'nt. As far as coming with an I basket I don't know and a new design... I hope not, I'm just about to get this one paid off.:080402gudl_prv:

Guest scarylarry

I know nothing about new design..

But in light of what has happen any new design will not be this year though yammy was not effected but suppliers were...

Again this only my guess I found delphi forum that is posting a lot info on Japan, more than the media is here...

Will the I basket completely get rid of the chirp? The 07 I just purchased with. 1200 miles on it has a slight chirp. I wonder if it is worth having replaced. I have 4 years of warranty.

Wait and see if it gets worse. I'm thinking it might as yours is still young. I've heard people say it got worse as it wore in. Some even say that about theirs after the "I" basket swap as well.

Dumb question, Can someone show me a picture of an I basket please?

I haven't a clue as to what your talking about....

Here is the service manual version... the "clutch basket" they're talking about is #18 and is referred to, in the manual as the "Clutch Housing".

Also some of SilvrTs photos that I took from another thread. This is the inside view where all the markings are.

Also some of SilvrTs photos that I took from another thread.

yo!!! stealin my pics are ya??? :sign20:

point to note, those are pics of a "G" basket ... which is what the dealer installed in mine when I asked them to install an "I" basket... so, lesson learned, don't trust the dealer to put the right one in.... go look at it yourself.

yo!!! stealin my pics are ya??? :sign20:

point to note, those are pics of a "G" basket ... which is what the dealer installed in mine when I asked them to install an "I" basket... so, lesson learned, don't trust the dealer to put the right one in.... go look at it yourself.

Yeah, saw the G there and knew that's why you posted them. Good idea to bring it up again in this thread so that people know!!

Not stealing... borrowing. And I gave you full credit for them so it's not plagiarism either! ;)