Midrsv

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KitCarson
Here you go. No center stand needed.

http://www.standsecure.com/index.htm

Actually this particular web site has the perfect KISS solution(keep it simple stupid) That one handed bar with the roller sleeve is ideal.........regular platform lift.........roll the bar under the frame, and weld an bracket to the platform and put a tractor pin across the handle for safety, so just in case........there we go.......a simple economical solution..............Good Idea Don....one day we will get you taught something about motorcycles........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Kit

I just called our local HF store and they don't stock the lift. However, they will order air/hydraulic lift for me and it takes about a week to get it. I can pick it up at the store for the advertised price of $379. No shipping. I guess I'll put it on my wish list for Christmas.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94121

DT

okay, i bought my lift at cummins tool.$299.00. just cleaned my shop up this morning and put my zx14 on it for the winter.worked perfect.1000lb capacity.only improvements i might make is an outrigger on each side for tie downs on my v-star.the zx is narrow so they are not needed.probably won't ever put the royalstar on it,no need to.for the price i think it's a bargain.bill :)

I bought Item # 94813-OVGA Lift from Harbor Freight, Which is a 1200 Lb lift. It is 79.5" long 24" wide and is 7'' high when down and 33" high when up.

I'm going to be building our trike on it.

I'm installing 2 -16" X 16" wings to the outside rear corners plus adding 6" to the overall length also at the rear making it 85.5" long overall and 56" wide where the rear trike tires will set.

I ordered it through a store but from the on line catalog #94813-OVGA and it was shipped to the store and I picked it up there and the total cost was $379.95 NO FREIGHT charges.

I belive it is well worth the money. :) :) :) :) :) :).

Guest KitCarson
I bought Item # 94813-OVGA Lift from Harbor Freight, Which is a 1200 Lb lift. It is 79.5" long 24" wide and is 7'' high when down and 33" high when up.

I'm going to be building our trike on it.

I'm installing 2 -16" X 16" wings to the outside rear corners plus adding 6" to the overall length also at the rear making it 85.5" long overall and 56" wide where the rear trike tires will set.

I ordered it through a store but from the on line catalog #94813-OVGA and it was shipped to the store and I picked it up there and the total cost was $379.95 NO FREIGHT charges.

I belive it is well worth the money. :) :) :) :) :) :).

Does it have auto lock pins to catch the weight if you trip the release valve or something fails........or a manual pin or something..........or is that something one would also have to add...........we have a harbor freight store local..........might just go get me one........Kit

this is the one I have. works excellent with my RSV. The air hoses and fittings weren't the best ,, but replaced them with rubber hose and air fittings from Harbor Freight. Check Ebay for "wildfire lift". That's how I got mine. Bid $500 on it and won. Picked it up myself just outside Steubenville Ohio.

http://www.wildfiremotors.com/

I went to my local HF store today after seeing the price of $379.05 for the model mentioned. They didnot have one in the store. However, they looked it up in the store cat. and the price was $479.95 for that model (94813-OVGA). Where were you getting it for $379.95. The 1000# model was $379.95. I'd like to get one, but I would also like to save me $100.00.:confused24:

Ken

Guest KitCarson
I went to my local HF store today after seeing the price of $379.05 for the model mentioned. They didnot have one in the store. However, they looked it up in the store cat. and the price was $479.95 for that model (94813-OVGA). Where were you getting it for $379.95. The 1000# model was $379.95. I'd like to get one, but I would also like to save me $100.00.:confused24:

Ken

Ken......Harbor freight has three different models of platform lifts. The one priced to you is a 1200 pound capacity lift and has a retrofit done to the front wheel chock...........the one everyone is looking at is for a fact 379, and they also have a model with no front wheel chock for 349. Go to Harbor freight web site and write the model number down that you see. Just type motorcycle lift in the search bar on the site and all the lifts and jacks will show up. Kit

The one everyone has is the 1000 pound capacity lift.........I see no real difference in them.........even the wheel chock on the 1200 pound lift would be hazardous...........

Ken......Harbor freight has three different models of platform lifts. The one priced to you is a 1200 pound capacity lift and has a retrofit done to the front wheel chock...........the one everyone is looking at is for a fact 379, and they also have a model with no front wheel chock for 349. Go to Harbor freight web site and write the model number down that you see. Just type motorcycle lift in the search bar on the site and all the lifts and jacks will show up. Kit

The one everyone has is the 1000 pound capacity lift.........I see no real difference in them.........even the wheel chock on the 1200 pound lift would be hazardous...........

i looked at the $379.00 dollar one up close and personal in oklahoma city 2 weeks ago.it was on the floor ,the only one they had.heres what i saw.there was no possible way it was set up for air.hydrauic only,very well made,1000 lb. capacity,painted red,front wheel chock was just like the one on my cummins, plenty heavy but would'nt trust it to hold a bike while working on it.the chock did hold my zx 14 while i put tie down straps on it.very good buy at that price.i first saw it advertised in a bike magazine in a hf ad and they stated regular $699.00 on sale for $379.00.i should have asked if i could buy the floor model.figured i would be able to get one back home.i figure there is probably a big waiting list with christmas coming and figuring the slow boat from china.i would'nt hold my breath for one in the near future.thats why i bought the cummins.which works great ,maybe not quite as heavy looking ,but still rated at 1000 lbs.:2133:

Guest KitCarson

A little more on these lifts........I went to Pep Boys today......they had a lift on sale for $197.00. It has a 900 pound capacity and the Venture is what? 850? . Front chock was not a good design. no place for safety straps

I then went on up the street to Harbor Freight, They have three lifts.....the one on sale for $300 is a 1000 pound lift and has the front wheel chock made of two flat pieces of iron with an round hand wheel to tighten the flat iron against the tire.......(dangerous) The other two, are an improvement. they have another 1000 pound lift and it has an square tube type front wheel chock with an crank type handle to more securely hold the front tire.....still saw no places for safety tie down straps to fasten to the platform???? Would have to install eye bolts or something for straps.

The other one is a 1200 pound lift and is going for $479.00. This one is foot or air operated.......still no eye bolts......nothing.......to run safety straps to....then had to go back to work........still looks like they all need some work.

A little more on these lifts........I went to Pep Boys today......they had a lift on sale for $197.00. It has a 900 pound capacity and the Venture is what? 850? . Front chock was not a good design. no place for safety straps

I then went on up the street to Harbor Freight, They have three lifts.....the one on sale for $300 is a 1000 pound lift and has the front wheel chock made of two flat pieces of iron with an round hand wheel to tighten the flat iron against the tire.......(dangerous) The other two, are an improvement. they have another 1000 pound lift and it has an square tube type front wheel chock with an crank type handle to more securely hold the front tire.....still saw no places for safety tie down straps to fasten to the platform???? Would have to install eye bolts or something for straps.

The other one is a 1200 pound lift and is going for $479.00. This one is foot or air operated.......still no eye bolts......nothing.......to run safety straps to....then had to go back to work........still looks like they all need some work.

Kit , there are 2 sets of holes in the platform that the U-bolts fit into .They usually do not assemble the lifts 100% all the way for display , but they are there . I have the cheaper of the wheel chokes and they work OK . But I will be modifying mine later on .

Now also consider all the extra you put on the scoot and contents in the saddle bags and trunk . Pounds add up !

Now I made wooden ramps that sit along sides of the lift . The lift is too narrow for foot placement after you ride the scoot up on the lift . This will also allow you to let your kick stand down too , and dismount until you get the wheel choke and straps attached . I slide the wooden ramps out of the way when ready to lift the scoot . These wooden ramps are more a safety issue and make it a lot more easier to maneuver the scoot .

BEER30

Guest KitCarson
Kit , there are 2 sets of holes in the platform that the U-bolts fit into .They usually do not assemble the lifts 100% all the way for display , but they are there . I have the cheaper of the wheel chokes and they work OK . But I will be modifying mine later on .

Now also consider all the extra you put on the scoot and contents in the saddle bags and trunk . Pounds add up !

Now I made wooden ramps that sit along sides of the lift . The lift is too narrow for foot placement after you ride the scoot up on the lift . This will also allow you to let your kick stand down too , and dismount until you get the wheel choke and straps attached . I slide the wooden ramps out of the way when ready to lift the scoot . These wooden ramps are more a safety issue and make it a lot more easier to maneuver the scoot .

BEER30

I plan to get the 1200 pound capacity lift.........might be they have eye bolt holes.......phone rang 29 times while I was trying to goof off.....but that particular lift is heavier......and has foot and air control.....and will build ramps just like you have done. and use Dons idea for lifting the rear.....just a simple bar with a rotating sleeve. weld a bracket to the platform and put a tractor pin across the handle for safety. Think I will throw the whole front chock away too........and use the better tube type front wheel chock. The lifts are a good basic starting point for the money......a good value........just that they need some work. May take me a couple weeks....truck was full today.......they have 7 in stock......will come home with one soon.........Kit

• 5 months later...

I've got the HF hydraulic only. I love it. 3 issues though:

1 - The wheel clamp is near useless, I would never trust it to hold a motorcycle upright for even a second.

2 - The location they have for the u-bolts tends to pull the bike away from the wheel clamp unless you attach tie downs well toward the opposite end of the bike. This interferes with actually being able to work on the bike. I re-drilled mine near the wheel clamp.

3 - My shop floor is smooth. When trying to put a heavier machine on it (like my VR) the lift scoots out. I solve this by starting against the wall. As you raise the lift pulls away from the wall.

If you screw the leveling bolts down , it will not move . Also get some grid tape and apply in the path of the wheels . When backing the scoot off the lft , the front tire has not enough weight/traction to stop the scoot . I also made out of wood side box extensions to make it wider as I drive up on the lift . Makes for a safer support as the lift isn't wide enough for yer feet .

BEER30

A friend of mine says he has this exact lift, since his son is a manager of a harbor frieght store. He loves it! Says that it is very sturdy. He uses it for his 2002 Road King, it's decked out with a trunk and hard side bags, so it should be close in comparison to weight I would think.:080402gudl_prv:

Big Mike