IGNORED

Not MC related---Master's Golf Tournement

Aimhigh

We are considering trying to get tickets for an upcoming Master's...has anyone ever gone to it...is is worth the time, money, effort? I know golf doesn't appeal to everyone, but I enjoy it and think it might be pretty neat to watch someone who really knows how to play the game.

Im going to the Wachovia. Only fri and sat though. Cant stand it when it is really crowded. Otherwise, i enjoy seeing someone in person that can knock the dimples of the golf ball and drive 200 yards further than I can :)

Sent from my DROIDX

Im going to the Wachovia. Only fri and sat though. Cant stand it when it is really crowded. Otherwise, i enjoy seeing someone in person that can knock the dimples of the golf ball and drive 200 yards further than I can :)

Sent from my DROIDX

I can hit the ball as far as most of the pros, BUT the pros have a much better idea of which fairway it will land on.:whistling:

Golf was something I did BEFORE I discovered motorcycles.

We are considering trying to get tickets for an upcoming Master's...has anyone ever gone to it...is is worth the time, money, effort? I know golf doesn't appeal to everyone, but I enjoy it and think it might be pretty neat to watch someone who really knows how to play the game.

I watched it from the comfort of my living room ... in fact, I saw more action than if I was there as a spectator. Personally I don't like going to such events (golf, hockey, baseball, etc, etc) ... just too many people, too commercialized, too expensive.

I commented to Nina that all those spectators would be wishin they weren't sitting anywhere near the fairway, or even behind, when I hit the ball ... LOL!!

It was an awesome tournament tho (and I'm not even a fan)... :thumbsup2:

my first masters was 1997 when tiger won his first. it was an awesome experience. i was only able to attend because i knew the right person. i have been back a few times since. i think they have a lottery for the practice rounds. don't discount the fun of a practice round. you get a chance to interact some with the players and see them practicing some pretty cool shots as they entertain a bit. waiting on the call someday to play a round! my buddy did get to play. since my buddy will probably never get to invite someone i will probably never get the call but i can dream a bit...

We used to live in Augusta and were able to get tickets from a friend for PRACTICE rounds. Tickets to the Master's itself are (1) scarce and (2) EXPENSIVE (unless you are one of the chosen few who get 'em every year through the system). The course is beautiful though even if you're not a golfer. In Augusta everything fills up quickly and the prices at all the restaurants and lodging goes through the roof. Also, the place is VERY crowded (60k people in town plus 250k golfers!). If you golf would you enjoy it? Absolutely! Is it worth the hassle/expense...depends on how MUCH you llike golf....

My son worked the LPGA here in Toledo ( Jamie Farr Classic) as an EMT. Said it was crowded and you got to watch one hole or fairway. Said you didn't get to walk around and watch different holes. Don't know if you can move around the course on your own or not. Something you might want to check out. He did say it was interesting. Oh we do play a little golf.

Aim High, We have the Valero Open here @TPC San Antonio this Weekend. Military and retirees get free tickets. Try that before going to Augusta to see if you enjoy it. Tiger and Phil won't be there, but Angel Cabrera, Justin Leonard, Mike Weir, Geof Ogilvy and others. It's got prize money of $6 mil this year so it's not too shabby. And the course is Greg Normans best yet.

Aim High, We have the Valero Open here @TPC San Antonio this Weekend. Military and retirees get free tickets. Try that before going to Augusta to see if you enjoy it. Tiger and Phil won't be there, but Angel Cabrera, Justin Leonard, Mike Weir, Geof Ogilvy and others. It's got prize money of $6 mil this year so it's not too shabby. And the course is Greg Normans best yet.

I actually "worked" that tourney last year as a course marshall...didn't get to walk around, but did get to see some of the greats (Els, Zach, Sergio, Daly) it was good, but it is the only golf tourney I have ever seen and didn't know if the drive from San Antonio to Augusta is worth it. Appreciate all the input.