IGNORED

Detachable windshield for an rsv

CaptainJoe

Does anyone make one?

Have been looking but to no avail.

Seems to me it wouldn't be that hard to do:

An aluminum channel same shape and thickness as the bottom of our stock windshield about 3 inches wide with receiver lugs in a channel on top side.

top piece would sandwich bottom of stock windshield on top side and fit into reciever on bottom side with a quick release.

Could also make a interlocking finger pattern between the two with one set screw.

Hardest part would be getting the perfect bend.

Love my windshield on the cooler days and interstate riding, but when it gets to 90 deg...

At slower speeds it sure would be nice to take it off ... and possibly put it in fabricated shell that attaches to your luggage rack to protect it...

Help I need more Wind!

er... let me rephrase that... Help I need more AIR... LOL

I wear a full face....

I'm Smaaaaaaaart... LOL

But that brings up yet another idea....

A quick detach screen shield.... same as quick detach windshield but a aluminum framed wind screen in same shape....

Hummmmmmmmmm.... i smell something burning... maybe my brains overheating....LOL

Try these guys, the Laminar lip. its an add on to your windshield to give you more height in rain, so maybe you could cut you windshield down for heat and add this on for the cool wet days.

I know a couple of guys with Kawi concours that use them and they like it.

http://www.laminarlip.com/venture.php

I have the goldwing vent in my Clearview xxl shield and I am amazed how much it helps cool on a hot day. I also find that if i crack it open a bit on a windy day it helps with the buffetting.

Brian

Edited by friesman