IGNORED

Smart Newfies

paysaw

Newfies are the Brightest

A company was looking to hire someone for an important position so they interviewed dozens of applicants and narrowed their search down to three people from different parts of Canada .

In an attempt to pick one of them, they decided to give them all the same question to answer within 24 hours, and the one with the best answer would get the job.

The question was:

A man and a woman are in bed, nude. The woman is lying on her side with her back facing the man, and the man is lying on his side facing the woman's back. What is the man's name?

After the 24 hours was up... the three were brought in to give their answers.

The first from Saskatchewan , says, "My answer is... there is no answer."

The second, from Alberta , says, "My answer is... that there is no way to determine the answer with the information we were given.

The third one from Newfoundland says, "I'm not exactly sure, but... I have it narrowed down to two names. It's either: Willie Turner or Willie Nailer."

The Newfoundlander got the job.:rotf::shock3:

OK, since I don't understand Canadian humor. Is Newfoundland supposed to be a better state or a worse state?

Gimme some help here. Because I don't know the regions of Canada well enough to think that's funny. So, you might have to explain to us Yanks a little more.

Thanx

OK, since I don't understand Canadian humor. Is Newfoundland supposed to be a better state or a worse state?

Gimme some help here. Because I don't know the regions of Canada well enough to think that's funny. So, you might have to explain to us Yanks a little more.

Thanx

Newfoundland and Labrador are largely rural fishing populations and have been somewhat separated from the rest of Canada by culture and the fact they are an island. The people in the urban areas of Canada sometimes see them as a backwards heavy drinking people and the butt of jokes.

Any Newfs that I know are a fun loving and hardworking people that love a good joke, even at their expense.:smile5:

Its kinda ironic that in the last few years after being the butt of so many jokes for so many years, 2 areas of Canada that now have some of the strongest economies are Newfoundland and Saskatchewan, making it real enjoyable for us to come up with jokes about the former centers of the universe,:think: Ontario, and Quebec....lol:cool10:

Brian

Edited by friesman

Thanx

A Newfie is kind of like a red neck with a great sense of humour. Not to mention the friendlest and most down to earth people you ever want to meet. Edited by saddlebum