Clutch Spring

Rick Haywood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Dingy in this thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=529445#post529445

there is no difference between a Barnett and a stock MK1.

Hmmm.:confused07:

As I said in post referenced, I was told by a person selling the springs they were the same specs as an MKI, I did not verify this.

Only way to know is to get compression rates on the Barnett springs. New springs would be better than 25 year old springs in any event though.

If the compression rate for a NEW MKI spring could be measured or somehow obtained, it would be possible to source out a higher compression spring from various sources to give more pressure with the MKI style clutches.

The compression factor would be easier to adjust on an MKI style plate, but I don't fell the need to dive into this. This could be done be varying spring rates or possibly shimming springs.

We really have four rates avaliable with the MKII/RSV style clutches.

1st - Stock spring

2nd - PCW spring

3rd - Two stock springs

4th - Two PCW springs

Gary

Anybody want a MKI clutch? I have one laying in my garage, yours for the shipping cost. First reply to this post gets it. It should fit in the USPS $10.50 flat rate box.

Joe

It should actually fit just fine in a USPS $4.65 flat rate envelope too, unless you are sending the whole basket!

I'll take it if still available - I'd like to test some different springs if it fits the 2nd gen.

Goose

It should actually fit just fine in a USPS $4.65 flat rate envelope too, unless you are sending the whole basket!

I'll take it if still available - I'd like to test some different springs if it fits the 2nd gen.

Goose

It's yours. I'll try to get it shipped out either tomorrow morning or Monday at the latest.

Just pm your shipping address to me.

Joe