IGNORED

Possibly relocating

Monty

We've been out in East Tennessee for a week. We went to Gatlinburg for our 25th anniversary, and have toured the area quite a bit. We even got to ride the Dragon...in the truck...lol. We came up to Rogersville, where I toured the local TVA plant, as I've been thinking about relocating, and transferring to this plant. Well, it turns out they are short handed, and want me to come NOW...lol. We are still thinking it over, and need to sell our house first, if we do. If we move, I know we will miss our VR friends from around home, but I see there are quite a few here in Kingsport, Johnson City and Morristown. I would have liked to have time to meet up with everyone while we are here, but there's just not enough hours in the day.

Not decided yet, but we are leaning toward relocating out here. Heading back home in a few hours.

Come on Monty, we've got plenty of room. I'm in Blountville which is between Kingsport and Bristol. Also very close to Johnson City and we do have some great roads around here to ride. Holler and I'll be glad to show them to you.

Being from Johnson City all my life, other than four years in the military, I have to say that it is a pretty good place to live. Yes, we do have several members in this area, and we occasionally talk about a Meet & Eat, but we can't seem to get together. But, we are a friendly bunch.

If you want to come up for a visit, we can show you some twistie roads that make the Dragon look like an interstate and some of them are 55mph. On a hot day, which is still usually a lot cooler than the Springville area, I can leave home and be at over 6,000 feet in less than an hour and may need a light jacket.

Keep us posted and we will get a bunch together.

RandyA

We drove Route 66 today, north of Rogersville, and I counted 45 curves in 2 miles.:yikes: It was just like being on the dragon, only shorter, and it had houses along it. It had several TOUGH switchbacks. We went to look at a house up there, but I definitely don't wanna live on that road. It'd be a nightmare when there's ice and snow. We drove alot of nice bike riding roads. They're all over the place.

Back home now...for now.

Guest scarylarry

All I can say the lake area that you live in is nice and east tenn. is equal nice..

I have lived here in the middle of Tenn. for 50 yrs and to tell you the truth I hate it, had I planned better I would have move to Florida years ago..

So maybe in 5 more yrs when I retire I will head down that way, Pam is all for it and she loves it here but she knew how I felt about Tn.

Tough choice to make..

www.tva.gov

We are getting excited about moving. Have to do something with our house first. My Son is talking about maybe buying it. I don't want to own two houses, so once it's gone, we can make the move. We've been looking at houses in that area, to get an idea of what they're going for.

Uh Monty, I'm retired from the feds and methinks the same rules apply to TVA employees. If so, why don'tcha hit 'em up for a "relocation package". In other departments of the federal government, IF they really want/need you to move they will pay for your relocation AND take care of selling your existing house. It would make your move a lot easier....

Uh Monty, I'm retired from the feds and methinks the same rules apply to TVA employees. If so, why don'tcha hit 'em up for a "relocation package". In other departments of the federal government, IF they really want/need you to move they will pay for your relocation AND take care of selling your existing house. It would make your move a lot easier....

I had considered that, and am planning on checking into it on Monday, when I go back to work. I had read somewhere that they may even buy your house from you, and resell it. Thanks.

Interesting thread......had the weather been better, I would have ridden to the area to attempt to buy my family homestead. I have such wonderful memories of that area, as a child, visiting my grandparents.

Next decent weekend, I will be on the road to Rogersville.

So, are you planning to move there as well?

Monty, you're welcome to come and join us here in this end of the state. I think you'll find that just by visiting you don't get to explore much and only get to see the more popular places. By living in this area you will find many great roads and just as many interesting places to see. And it'll all be in your back yard, so to speak.