• 2 months later...
Saw one of them make it to E-Bay last week. Wondered why they would give up a Super Brace??

I saw that. Pretty groady. Probably off a salved bike. It wasn't one of ours and don't think it was a Super either. At least not one I've ever seen.

• 2 months later...
Guest Bob57

I have a question regarding a new fork brace. I have been feeling a shake when I turn. Would the new fork brace correct this or would there be an addional problem? I read the link regarding tires and hard turning but this is more of a shake. Any suggestions where to start would be helpfull.

I have a question regarding a new fork brace. I have been feeling a shake when I turn. Would the new fork brace correct this or would there be an addional problem? I read the link regarding tires and hard turning but this is more of a shake. Any suggestions where to start would be helpfull.

have you checked to see if the steering head bearing is loose?

The fork brace will help you track through a curve better and stop wandering, but a shake could be a lot of things. The brace isn't a cure all but a performance enhancement. Could be a lot of things from the bars to the wheel. Wheel bearings is also a possibility.??

The best 3 things you can do with your first gen to help with shakes/vibrations etc in the front end are:

1. Fork Brace

2. Progressive springs

3. Head bearings.

This assuming you have a good set of tires already mounted.

The fork brace is the most inexpesive and easiest to do... start there.

After all it is just money...... ooh and your ass depends on it!

:mo money::mo money: :mo money::mo money: :mo money::mo money: :mo money::mo money:

Recived the fork brace today and installed it immediately. To be honset, I didn't really expect the differance it acctually made! Not a single shake and stady as on rails. I don't really understand why it makes such a differance but indeed it does, thanks for a nice piece Condor, as I see it in real life it feels a bit as a waste to paint it black! :clap2:

Recived the fork brace today and installed it immediately. To be honset, I didn't really expect the differance it acctually made! Not a single shake and stady as on rails. I don't really understand why it makes such a differance but indeed it does, thanks for a nice piece Condor, as I see it in real life it feels a bit as a waste to paint it black! :clap2:

Glad to hear it made it across the pond OK Abbe,.... and that you like the results. They should have made the brace standard issue on 1stGens. Probably the best bang for the buck a first gen'r can install. :thumbsup2:

Mine shakes and shimmies and handles horribly. I am getting some mkII forks and upgrading brakes, I also am going with progressive springs. WHile I have it apart I will check the steering head bearings.

If I still have shake and shimmy then I will look into a super brace. Mine specifically will shake on decel from about 45, it wobbles and is hard to hang on to in low speeds while corniering. I have brand new tires on it with no change.

I would be excited to say my front brake was anemic, it is almost non existant. New SS lines, dual piston calipers, and better rotors are on the order slip.

Scoty