IGNORED

Shipping to Canada

royalstar09

Depending on where in Canada you're at you can also have a tire shipped to a close to the border member and either pick it up from them or even do the install in the US.

This is what I'm doing now for a fellow Canadian just across the border from me.

Larry

not sure where your shipping to, but best to use the USPS as the shipper, they wont add on a stupid broker charge and duty taxes are some times not bothered about .

Yea I'll 2nd this opinion as well. I always ship thru USPS to my customers in Canada. Though you may not have this option if buying from a company using just UPS as their shipper.

I buy lots of stuff from the states and I ALWAYS have it shipped USPS as the rest like UPS, Fedex, Purolator, etc all add exhorbitant brokerage fees to the original shipping charges that have to be paid on delivery or pickup in Canada. One time I had a 50 buck item with a 30 buck charge from fedex, I refused it.

MasterGuns sent me 2 tires a couple of years back using USPS and I think both tires ran me about 70bucks from Texas to my home in Western Canada.

Brian

i buy lots of stuff from the states and i always have it shipped usps as the rest like ups, fedex, purolator, etc all add exhorbitant brokerage fees to the original shipping charges that have to be paid on delivery or pickup in canada. One time i had a 50 buck item with a 30 buck charge from fedex, i refused it.

Masterguns sent me 2 tires a couple of years back using usps and i think both tires ran me about 70bucks from texas to my home in western canada.

Brian

were they boxed or just clear wrapped??? Some companies are saying one way others say another way.

were they boxed or just clear wrapped??? Some companies are saying one way others say another way.

Geez, I am not 100% sure but I think they were just shrinkwrapped together with a cardboard label inside the plastic. I would just call USPS directly.

Brian

Can someone help me with a good place for shipping a tire to Canada? Im getting prices close to $100.00 I am trying to help a fellow VR member out.

Shipping a tire via USPS to Texas recently cost me about 16 bucks for Parcel Post service. UPS wanted 37 for the same deal. Im sure Canada will be much higher but not as nearly as expensive as UPS or FedEx. As far as wrapping goes, all I did was to re-ship the tire the way I received it. All you need is to wrap some shrink wrap or heavy clear shipping tape around 3 points on the tire to keep it kinda compressed. Place your shipping label just under one of the clear tape areas so its protected, take it to your local PO and get your price. You can box it but that will drive the shipping cost up.