IGNORED

Up in Smoke!!

seabeetom

Well, so much for getting the 08 triked....

Ordered it in January, paid deposit and shipped side case(colormatch) to Hannigan in February, took bike to dealer in Florida 3 March, kitwas SUPPOSED to ship from Kentucky 8 March, called dealer to check on progress yesterday (3/16), and he told me the factory in KY had burned down along with my kit and sidecase. Could be months before the factory is up and running and can punch out another RSV kit.

To add to the misfortune, I had stripped some of the addons from the rear of the bike that wouldn't be used on the trike and I had to trailer it to the dealer because it had recently picked up a screw in the rear tire.

Sooo, 'To Trike or Not to Trike, That is the Question'. Okay, not quite Shakespeare..

Either way, The situation inhales with a vacum like force..

:shock3:oooooh:shock3: man, I feel for you as I did the same thing to my bike and had it all ready.

I just can not Imagin this happing. so sorry. I am even in shock for you , Hannigan

I bet will come back stronger then ever.

I give updates on the situation when I get them from the plant (hopefully today or tomorrow ) posted here: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276113

Read my post #20 They expect to be in full swing in under 60 days. The Venture kit mold wasn't destroyed, so you may be in better shape than you thought, but it will still take a little time. Don't give up......

I give updates on the situation when I get them from the plant (hopefully today or tomorrow ) posted here: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276113

Read my post #20 They expect to be in full swing in under 60 days. The Venture kit mold wasn't destroyed, so you may be in better shape than you thought, but it will still take a little time. Don't give up......

Tnx for the update George..

Kit was SUPPOSED to ship out March 8th, but I'd guess Daytona Bike Week got in the way?? With any luck, maybe it was in a different location for packing/shipping and not in the fire.

Still miffed at dealer for not keeping me posted on installation progress/delays. Guess it's a good thing I called him.

Gotta give condolences to the folks at the factory for their loss.

Tom, good news is that they are way way ahead of anticipated recovery, and almost have the other building set up for production, and anticipate laying glass on the Venture, and Honda as early as next Thur or Fri....:happy34:

If you still have my number give me a call if you want...

Tom, good news is that they are way way ahead of anticipated recovery, and almost have the other building set up for production, and anticipate laying glass on the Venture, and Honda as early as next Thur or Fri....:happy34:

If you still have my number give me a call if you want...

Tnx 4 the update George. Will try 2 give u a jingle soon.

Did you find any thing out from Rick,,,,,

Called him after lunch today. Said he was calling Hannigan then and would call me back in a few minutes....

No call, no word. As a matter of fact he hasn't contacted me since he got the deposit and my bike.

Customer service??

I'm beginning to think I should charge interest on that rather sizable 5 figure deposit I made a couple of months ago and charge rental for the past three weeks that they've had my RSV..

Can U tell I'm getting a bit peeved??

And how was your day George??

Called him after lunch today. Said he was calling Hannigan then and would call me back in a few minutes....

No call, no word. As a matter of fact he hasn't contacted me since he got the deposit and my bike.

Customer service??

I'm beginning to think I should charge interest on that rather sizable 5 figure deposit I made a couple of months ago and charge rental for the past three weeks that they've had my RSV..

Can U tell I'm getting a bit peeved??

And how was your day George??

The computer world is at an almost stand still as in dead stoped.....:puzzled:, and the Trike thing is SLOW too. Thought about just retireing, but don't have enough to fill the gas tank to get home, so I may have to keep showing up for a few more......:mad:

I did talk to John at the plant, and things are going well with the rebuild, and they have some of the molds re-fitted, and laying up the bodies that were damaged, and working on the ones that were supposed to have been out ( I took it to mean yours in the mix, but no commitment ) They should be pulling the first of the bodies from molds by the end of the week but didn't say which bodies,,, :confused24: I am sure that they are working on it.

Patience:

The computer world is at an almost stand still as in dead stoped.....:puzzled:, and the Trike thing is SLOW too. Thought about just retireing, but don't have enough to fill the gas tank to get home, so I may have to keep showing up for a few more......:mad:

I did talk to John at the plant, and things are going well with the rebuild, and they have some of the molds re-fitted, and laying up the bodies that were damaged, and working on the ones that were supposed to have been out ( I took it to mean yours in the mix, but no commitment ) They should be pulling the first of the bodies from molds by the end of the week but didn't say which bodies,,, :confused24: I am sure that they are working on it.

Patience:

Tnx 4 the update George. Hope business picks up 4 U.

• 1 month later...
OK Tom any news :confused24:

Wellll George,,, Going on 10 weeks without a bike, three months + since the $11k deposit. I think there are some folks that should take up tap-dancing rather than the business their in... IMHO!!

Called first week of April, was told the kit should be to Huals mid April (sans floorboards). No one called by 18 April so I called, no kit, "Should be in by end of month". No word by 26 April so I called, kit had arrived but Huals would not start working on it till 6 May. WTFO!!! Called Hannigan on the 26th and talked to Andrew. Very 'apologetic'... Have heard nothing from either of the parties since. At this time you can figure if I'd ever do business, with or recommend either of these companies.

In hindsight, I should not have paid that hefty 'deposit' until the kit had shipped, and not taken the bike apart and taken it over till the kit arrived. But that is what the shop wanted.

Don't know if they replaced the saddlebag. Priced it,, $1240 plus tax. WOW.

So, I hope business is picking up for you, trikes and 'puter's.

Will let you know and post some pix when and if I get the 'Trike' back.

73's & 88's

TTT

Suck-a-rulla,,,

The bringing the bike in that early in my opinion is not necessary ( that was what the guy I worked with did ) no need to have it sitting around until the kit is in motion. Don't know why they couldn't get on it for 10 days, it would have been first priority for me. Not Hannigans fault really they are working big time to get back in full swing. Things will work out I bet. The large deposit is common, and what I have to do also with all manufactures, :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Made the journey to Pensacola Thursday and picked up the Trike. Was almost excited till I saw the many little things that will have to be made right. Been making up a list to send to the Installer and to Hannigan. Taking it over to a shop tomorrow for a roadworthiness/safety inspection. Found one design flaw that could make someone very rich if not very dead. Easy fix for the factory if they wish to do it. Hopefully I will soon gain some confidence in this trike and be able to enjoy it.

what was made wrong? :think:

At least on mine, the foot fairing is close to the RSV foot board and the edge of the fairing is slightly higher and the finished edge turns inward at a 90deg making a nice trap for the welt of your boot when you're trying to raise your toe to get to the brake or shiftlever. Happened to me twice on the superslab riding the trike home from the dealer. Simple fix Hannigan,,, just roll the edges so they don't catch the footwear.

• 1 month later...
Hey George, I have been meaning to ask you -- How is Hannigan doing with it's re-build and stuff?

Jeff

Jeff

They are in full swing mostly, but a little behind on delivery, but production is up, and running. They still haven't rebuilt a couple of the trailer molds yet.