IGNORED

Let's go to Luckenbach, TX...

Scooter Bob

I did manage to find the Alien Museum, and made it out alive.:thumbsup2:

And I meet another guy that just had to get on the scoot and escape winter for a bit.:sign kewl:

Oops, can't quite make it out in the pic, He's from Utah.

Still more to come, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob
oops

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I topped off the fuel tank and the water bottle before I left Roswell, cus the atlas looked pretty barron where I was headed. Good thing, cus the atlas was right.

32 miles north of Roswell, I headed NE on hiway 20. There is not a town, bar, gas station, or church the whole 70 some miles to Fort Sumner. On the 46 mile run of hiway 20 I met 8 other vehicles.

There is one awful big ranch out there. The VV ranch stretched out as far as you could see on either side of the road for at least 20 miles.

At Fort Sumner, I visited the Billy the Kid Museum.

More to come, Scooter Bob

Lots of good pictures and such, thanks for sharing. I have tried to do this on a few of my trips and i always end up not taking enough pictures and then not finishing the write ups because of the time it takes me to do it.

Yup, been to THAT Las Vegas a few times, there is lots of good riding NW of there. Not far from here actually. Hope your trip and riding continues to go well!! I wish I could take the time off to ride like that too :thumbsup2:

THANKS!

Lots of good pictures and such, thanks for sharing. I have tried to do this on a few of my trips and i always end up not taking enough pictures and then not finishing the write ups because of the time it takes me to do it.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have hours to kill in a motel room by myself every evening, these trips wouldn't get recorded so well either.

And on top of that, there's so many things, funny and otherwise, that I think of while riding and looking around.:scratchchin:

But when I get parked, the CRS kicks in.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

Time to get on the road, gonna head to Miami this morning and look for the ocean, and then right on up I25 to Colorado Springs.

Gonna try to get the current scavenger hunt target at the Hooters there, and then head to Big Roys for a shower and go have a few beers and BS'n when he gets done with work.:beersign:

I'll try to post a few mountain pics on the way today.:scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

Having lunch right now in Ratan, NM. Way ahead of schedule, and roads look fine, so I think I'll head west on some 2 lanes for a bit and work my way back to CO Springs.

Here's a few more pics on the way here...

The last one is from the restaurant, in the direction I'm headed.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

And on top of that, there's so many things, funny and otherwise, that I think of while riding and looking around.:scratchchin:

But when I get parked, the CRS kicks in.:bang head:

Glad I'm not the only one...

By the way if you end up coming across the northern part of Texas (through Amarillo) and fill up you should expect an approximate 10-20% reduction in your fuel economy and overall range. The formulation they use for their gas is goofy and every-time I ride up there I'm always hitting reserve way earlier than I anticipate.

Be safe! :thumbsup2:

East bound and down, loaded up and ridin'...

Having breakfast in Limon, CO, and hoping the rain blows south before I go any farther east.

I'll be running I70 east from here to Topeka area, and then working my way NE.

I'll get lots of mountain pics up tonight, but here's Pikes Peak from the gas station near Big Roy's house this morning.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

The RSV turned over 80,000 miles right after I left Las Vegas, NM heading for Colorado.:banana:

That must be the engine life limit, because it started loosing power right after that.:confused24:

When I got up to Walsenburg, I decided I had too much time to kill before Roy got done with work, so I filled up and headed into the mountains on Hiway69 to Texas Creek. Very pretty ride through he valley.

Much more to come, Scooter Bob

Didn't know when I would be back this way again, so I just couldn't resist checking out the Royal Gorge Bridge...:cool10:

http://www.royalgorgebridge.com/

Fortunately, it must be too cold for the regular tourists, so it was pretty empty around there. So I really couldn't resist paying the $15 park entrance fee for the priviledge of riding across the bridge and back.:banana:

I stopped on the way back to take a pic in the middle, but that thing was bouncing in the cross wind so bad, I was afraid to get off the bike. :bang head:

I did get off near the end and take a pic over the railing, but even then I was holding the camera at arms length. I don't like heights, can ya tell?:doh:

And then, on the way out of the park, I had to ride through a herd of cows that acted like they owned the place.:confused24:

More to come, Scooter Bob

After the Gorge trip, I had to haul butt to Big Roy's east of Colorado Springs. He used to live in WI, and I hadn't seen him for about 5 years. Drank beer and BS'd for hours. This is what he gets to look at in the morning out his dining room window.

I had 2,850 miles on the trip when I got to Roy's.

I thought I might have to head to Billings, MT this morning, but that issue got resolved (sort of), so I headed east for home this morning.

Later, Scooter Bob

Anybody got any left side rubber they want to sell???:scratchchin:

Wind out of the Northwest, pushing me along a little, but mostly sideways, all day long, 450 miles worth.:bang head:

But some magic ferries or something must have been wrenchin' on the scoot last night and freshened up that top end, cus it sure is running sweet here in Kansas again.:confused24::banana:

Parked for the night in Abilene, KS, right off I70, just over 3,300 miles so far.

I saw more oil wells here in KS than I did in TX,:confused24: and most of them were actually pumping. :scratchchin:

Wish I could have gotten in this museum I found:banana:, but again, I guess I beat the tourist season.:doh:

Later, Scooter Bob

Almost forgot, I received a package delivery today. What a sweet guy you are. First you go off galavanting across the USA and leave me back to battle the ice storm, snow, :snow2:and the cold, and go to work every day while you bike along with friends to new destinations in very nice warm weather :no-no-no:.

What did I ask that you send back for me??? A cowboy, an oil baron, or a tumbleweed. Well, you have no excuse for what you sent me because you even posted a picture of the tumbleweed.

Here I was, home from work at lunch and there is a package for me. I bring it in the house and open it. Guess what was inside:confused24:...as if you don't already know. YOUR LAUNDRY:soapbox:?!?!?! Where in the world is my tumbleweed :crying:???

SOOOOO, is set your nicely packaged laundry box on the floor and called in Bean and Jakey. :rasberry: Well they went nuts. They rutted through the clothes acting as if you were stuffed inside the box too. Then they started running back and forth from the kitchen door to the bedroom, then going outside to try to find your hiding place. Then clawing at the door to come back in and start the process all over again. So much for the relaxing lunch break. You owe me big. (:stirthepot:Just kidding, :stickpoke:I'm not really upset). But, you are very lucky that I put the laundry in the hamper instead of keeping the box on the floor and letting the dogs empty it out for you:buttkick:. If you dare, call me later when you get a chance.

Love ya,

Karen

Almost forgot, I received a package delivery today. What a sweet guy you are. First you go off galavanting across the USA and leave me back to battle the ice storm, snow, :snow2:and the cold, and go to work every day while you bike along with friends to new destinations in very nice warm weather :no-no-no:.

What did I ask that you send back for me??? A cowboy, an oil baron, or a tumbleweed. Well, you have no excuse for what you sent me because you even posted a picture of the tumbleweed.

Here I was, home from work at lunch and there is a package for me. I bring it in the house and open it. Guess what was inside:confused24:...as if you don't already know. YOUR LAUNDRY:soapbox:?!?!?! Where in the world is my tumbleweed :crying:???

SOOOOO, is set your nicely packaged laundry box on the floor and called in Bean and Jakey. :rasberry: Well they went nuts. They rutted through the clothes acting as if you were stuffed inside the box too. Then they started running back and forth from the kitchen door to the bedroom, then going outside to try to find your hiding place. Then clawing at the door to come back in and start the process all over again. So much for the relaxing lunch break. You owe me big. (:stirthepot:Just kidding, :stickpoke:I'm not really upset). But, you are very lucky that I put the laundry in the hamper instead of keeping the box on the floor and letting the dogs empty it out for you:buttkick:. If you dare, call me later when you get a chance.

Love ya,

Karen

Bob,your a flippin' genius....:beer:

I should be Fed-Ex'n my dirty laundry home..:D

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with the dogs Karen...

Shari had me talk to Harley on the phone once while I was on the road...:yikes:

He was nuts till I got home..We won't be doing that anymore.

Just about time to get back in the saddle again...:Venture:

Gonna head east from Abilene to Topeka and see if the screen door's a bangin' and the wash needs a hangin'.:confused24:

Then head Northeast on hiway 4 (cus you know I hate big city traffic, KC was in the way) and then across the MO border on 116 over to I35, and then North to Oskaloosa, Iowa.

Gonna get a room, and meet up with Bryan52577 for supper and some beers and Bs'n.:cool10:

So if I don't make it on here tonight, you'll know why.:beersign:

Later, Scooter Bob

Look who stopped by for a visit! :thumbsup2: We have two of the kids living back home again so all I had to offer Scooter Bob was a couch. :bawling:

We had a couple beers and BS'ed till the weee hour in the morning. :8: Good seeing you again Bob! Thanks for stopping and have a safe ride home! Hopefully less or no wind for you today! :beer:

Bryan

UPDATE!

Karen the Scooter has left Oskaloosa, 318 miles till a,,,,,, HUG! :whistling:

I sent him off with SUNSHINE, a mug of coffee and very little wind. :smile5::smile5:

It sure was good to see him again and hope the two of you can make it to the "Wisconsin Leaf Lookers" ride again this year. :thumbsup2:

Ride safe Bob and you are welcome here anytime Buddy!:beer:

Bryan