IGNORED

Let's go to Luckenbach, TX...

Scooter Bob

What an awesome ride today!:cool10:

Left Muskogee and headed south and then east to US 59, and the south to US259, and that's when it really got great!:banana:

The first 20 miles or so wind up and through some mountains, absolutely gorgous, staightens out for a ways, and then gets twisty again for a bit before Broken Bow.:thumbsup2:

I've decided to just follow US259 till I find the other end, and then follow 59 down to about Squidleys latitude, and then work my way over to Waller by tomorrow evening.

I'm sitting outside the Super 8 in Longview, TX, where 259 meets I20.

350 miles for the day, 1,250 so far.

Oh ya, it was a comfy, sunny 45 when I left, and a sunny 80+ when I parked!;):banana::cool10:

Pics to follow...

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few pics along US259 near the start of it...

That road you see in the middle of the second one is where I came from.

The fifth one with the river is in the straighter area of the 65 mile trip to Broken Bow.

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Hey boss...:scratchchin:

I can't find a "chalk one up" smilie, but...:confused24:

Another State filled in!:cool10:

And ya know, I still can't change that line below the map in my signature pic to...

"State I've been in on a bike, the rest I haven't been in" because I did fly to CA once.:bang head:

Guess I better hurry up and ride there too.:thumbsup2::Venture: (later this summer):confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

I don't think I've ever seen a "chalk one up" smilie...I'll have to look around.

As for changing the line under your signature, are you hitting the save button after you change it? I think it's a save button...it's been a while since I tried.

Anyway....nice pictures. Looks like a great time. I've ridden most of those areas and they are hard to beat.

I don't think I've ever seen a "chalk one up" smilie...I'll have to look around.

Please don't spend any time one that, I was kinda kidding.

As for changing the line under your signature, are you hitting the save button after you change it? I think it's a save button...it's been a while since I tried.

Thanks, but I know how. What I meant to say was that I have been to one of those uncolored states, and that visit was certainly not nearly as memorable as all these I've ridden to.:no-no-no:

Anyway....nice pictures. Looks like a great time. I've ridden most of those areas and they are hard to beat.

Ya, this has been some wonderful riding so far.:cool10:

I was in TX and OK with my dad in the semi when I was 17, and I thought it was mostly desert like and boring. So far plenty of trees, rivers, and lakes, although things do seem to be flattening out a bit. Maybe I'll find the desert when I head west from Luckenbach.:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Where's my :sun:??

It's 57 and overcast this morning, but I do see hints of clearing.

Of course, my nose doesn't need anymore :sun:for a while.:doh:

An yes Honey, I even put sunscreen on it yesterday.:scratchchin: (maybe a little late):doh:

I think I'm going to follow this US259 to it's other end near Nacogdoches, then route 7 over to Crocket, and then whatever other backroads I can find heading towards Waller.

Should be in there later this afternoon,:cool10: and set up camp for a couple days and rest my butt.;)

Later, Scooter Bob

Thanks for the updates and pics, am enjoying following your travels, have a great trip and say hey to "cupcake" for me:thumbsup: Craig

Will do Craig!

Right now I'm waiting for everything that was in my wallet to dry,:scratchchin: because my collapsible cooler leaked all over the table last night.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

lookin' good Bob! Enjoying the updates and pictures.

you have inspired me, I am starting to plan my own Southern trip, looking to visit friends in OK, TX and NM. Probably stop there, make it about a weeks worth of riding. Try to do it within the month.

Scooter arrived in Waller at the maintenance day late this afternoon. He called to say he is going to start visiting with the others who are there so he probably won't get on the site. Watch for later posts of maintenance day and more travels over the weekend and next week.

Karen

Thanks for the update Karen.

Bob, Say HI for me to the gang down there. Pretty soon they are going to start building a fence on the Texas northern border to keep us Wisconsinites out.

Good looking ride. Don't take all the good weather, leave some sunshine and warmth for me.

RR

you have inspired me, I am starting to plan my own Southern trip, looking to visit friends in OK, TX and NM. Probably stop there, make it about a weeks worth of riding. Try to do it within the month.

Good idea Don. Hurry up before it gets any hotter.

I believe someone is having a little MD get together in northern TX on April 30, might be something to plan for.

Later, Scooter Bob

Wow, welcome to Texas Hill Country!

Just 15 miles west of SanMarcos, on the way towards Blanco, I find this...

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b64053-8259-8ff9.jpg

Should be to Luckenbach in an hour or two!

Later, Scooter Bob

Glad you made it out of there alive. That is the rest area on the Devil's Backbone. It's one of the most haunted places in America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tff8-AmiXY]YouTube - Unsolved Mysteries-Devil's Backbone[/ame]

Our path has crossed in the last couple of days. Drove by Lukenbach TX yesterday on the way to Fredericksburg TX then on onto Enchanted Rock for a Duathalon, my club rides safety for the bike riders on the route. Had severe thunder storms last night in Fredericksburg. First rain in a couple of months. It was a localized storm. Dry at Enchanted Rock.

Rick A.

:Venture:

Our path has crossed in the last couple of days. Drove by Lukenbach TX yesterday on the way to Fredericksburg TX then on onto Enchanted Rock for a Duathalon, my club rides safety for the bike riders on the route. Had severe thunder storms last night in Fredericksburg. First rain in a couple of months. It was a localized storm. Dry at Enchanted Rock.

Rick A.

:Venture:

So where you at now? And whatcha doing tommorow?

I'm havin' thoughts of riding around here for a while and coming back here tomorow afternoon.

Later, Scooter Bob