IGNORED

Third Gen RSV?

Old Miner

I bet if they took the new 1700cc V4, made it a 2400cc FI V6, and put it in a Strat or Sport Tourer, they'd raise a few eye brows. It would certainly take the wind out of the sails of the new Beamer 6, and Triumph 2300 Triple. I'd be swayed to seriously look at buying a big torquey V6 in a Stato-Liner with a trunk. :sign woo hoo:

Didn't the first SHO Taurus's have Yamaha engines?

indeed. from wikipedia.

n 1984, executives of the Yamaha Motor Corporation signed a contract with the Ford Motor Company to develop, produce, and supply a compact 60° DOHC V6 engine for transverse application

The SHO V6 was a high-tech and revolutionary design when it debuted in 1988. Displacing 3.0 L (2986 cc/182 cu in), it was an iron block, aluminum head 24-valve DOHC engine with an innovative variable length intake manifold. Its oversquare and symmetrical design, which sported an 89 mm (3.5 in) bore and 80 mm (3.1 in) stroke, gave the high-revving engine an output of 220 bhp (164 kW; 223 PS) at 6200 rpm and 200 lb·ft (271 N·m) of torque at 4800 rpm at the flywheel

indeed. from wikipedia.

n 1984, executives of the Yamaha Motor Corporation signed a contract with the Ford Motor Company to develop, produce, and supply a compact 60° DOHC V6 engine for transverse application

The SHO V6 was a high-tech and revolutionary design when it debuted in 1988. Displacing 3.0 L (2986 cc/182 cu in), it was an iron block, aluminum head 24-valve DOHC engine with an innovative variable length intake manifold. Its oversquare and symmetrical design, which sported an 89 mm (3.5 in) bore and 80 mm (3.1 in) stroke, gave the high-revving engine an output of 220 bhp (164 kW; 223 PS) at 6200 rpm and 200 lb·ft (271 N·m) of torque at 4800 rpm at the flywheel

I almost bought one once and upon test drive I discovered that the car was a rocket. Don't ask me how I know.:whistling::cool10: The new SHO's don't have Yamaha engines though.

indeed. from wikipedia.

They would scream :cool10: :cool10: :whistling: