IGNORED

Looking for low windshield

Bobcatpat

• 4 weeks later...
Guest scarylarry

I have one 9 inches tall from the center, in perfect condition.

30.00+ shipping.

I have no idea what shipping would be on it.

Cut yours....pretty easy....use masking tape, mark the line, jig saw with fine tooth blade, block sand the edge...done....

Here is the problem with the response you got to this thread.

The OP is not the only person reading. So while he might only be interested in buying a short screen, the thread will forever appear when someone searches "windscreen", and they would probably find you helpful post ... er ... helpful.

Cutting a windscreen seems drastic, but it is actually very easy and professional results can be obtained with little effort and a modicum of care.

It really doesn't do for others to tell us what to post, and where to post it.

The OP is free to observe my first rule of internet posting:

Take what you need, help where you can, and leave the rest.

Finally bought a 2008 venture. I'm looking for a low windshield. Anyone have one to sell? Must be like new. I don't want any defects. Thank you.

I cut mine down so it is right under my nose & still keep wind off. i like to look over my Shield i cut 3/1/2" off of mine

Here is the problem with the response you got to this thread.

The OP is not the only person reading. So while he might only be interested in buying a short screen, the thread will forever appear when someone searches "windscreen", and they would probably find you helpful post ... er ... helpful.

Cutting a windscreen seems drastic, but it is actually very easy and professional results can be obtained with little effort and a modicum of care.

It really doesn't do for others to tell us what to post, and where to post it.

The OP is free to observe my first rule of internet posting:

Take what you need, help where you can, and leave the rest.

Twigg. Do you have a low windshield for sale?

:no-no-no:

Have you found a lower windshield to meet your needs....Reason for asking I am looking/trying to decide what I want to do for a lower windshield for my 08

I bought the 12" yamaha wide and like it much better than stock. I still want try an even lower shield as well.

Nope.

I had a high one, and cut it down in about an hour.

No fees, no taxes, no shipping and no waiting.:rotf:

:080402gudl_prv:

And then you must have glued the cut off piece somehow onto the side of your shield to make it wider? Please explain further???

:080402gudl_prv:

And then you must have glued the cut off piece somehow onto the side of your shield to make it wider? Please explain further???

Clearly you missed the recent memo about "civility", so I am going to say this, just the once, for you benefit.

You started this thread with a perfectly reasonable request for a low windshield. All perfectly proper and if I had one then, by now, it would be yours.

The first response by "slickster" was a helpful suggestion, one which would help not just you but anyone else reading the thread and looking for something similar.

That you chose to turn down the suggestion was absolutely no problem at all. That's the beauty of advice, you are free to take it or not. Not forgetting, of course, that we don't know your personal circumstances and therefore do not feel in the least slighted if you ignore our words of wisdom :)

What you followed it up with was a jarring comment about who should, and should not, post to this thread. I'm sorry, but when I read that it was just wrong. Not only are you not in a position to make threads exclusive, it felt like a slap in the face to a guy who had given his time to try to help you.

That may pass for acceptable where you live, but in my world it is rude. I responded as mildly as I could, given my desire to add some helpful detail to others, and also wanting to offer support to slickster.

You, on the other hand, have chosen to respond to my every comment with snippy one liners. The last of which is a doozy, given that you didn't actually specify that you needed a wider screen, a minor fact which changes the playing field somewhat.

Well I am sorry, but you don't get to be snippy to others and not have folk wishing to add support. It was open to you to simply say "Thank you", or even nothing at all. No one would have minded either approach.

I may be new here, but new to internet Forums I am definitely not. This is a friendly place at first sight, and your behaviour in this thread is a bit jarring by comparasion. It's so not necessary, it helps nobody.

Freebird's request that we try to be polite was well judged. Politeness is the Courtesy of Kings and what is more, it doesn't cost anything.

I hope I have read you completely wrong here, and misunderstood your posting, or just happened along when you are having a bad day.

Whatever .... May your tank never run dry, and the road open up invitingly underneath your eager throttle.

peace.

Twigg,

excellent response and well mannered to boot. an old saying came to mind when i read the " only respond if " comment ...." never look a gift horse in the mouth "...... or " don't bite the hand that feeds you ".....ok i'm done now.

Clearly you missed the recent memo about "civility", so I am going to say this, just the once, for you benefit.

You started this thread with a perfectly reasonable request for a low windshield. All perfectly proper and if I had one then, by now, it would be yours.

The first response by "slickster" was a helpful suggestion, one which would help not just you but anyone else reading the thread and looking for something similar.

That you chose to turn down the suggestion was absolutely no problem at all. That's the beauty of advice, you are free to take it or not. Not forgetting, of course, that we don't know your personal circumstances and therefore do not feel in the least slighted if you ignore our words of wisdom :)

What you followed it up with was a jarring comment about who should, and should not, post to this thread. I'm sorry, but when I read that it was just wrong. Not only are you not in a position to make threads exclusive, it felt like a slap in the face to a guy who had given his time to try to help you.

That may pass for acceptable where you live, but in my world it is rude. I responded as mildly as I could, given my desire to add some helpful detail to others, and also wanting to offer support to slickster.

You, on the other hand, have chosen to respond to my every comment with snippy one liners. The last of which is a doozy, given that you didn't actually specify that you needed a wider screen, a minor fact which changes the playing field somewhat.

Well I am sorry, but you don't get to be snippy to others and not have folk wishing to add support. It was open to you to simply say "Thank you", or even nothing at all. No one would have minded either approach.

I may be new here, but new to internet Forums I am definitely not. This is a friendly place at first sight, and your behaviour in this thread is a bit jarring by comparasion. It's so not necessary, it helps nobody.

Freebird's request that we try to be polite was well judged. Politeness is the Courtesy of Kings and what is more, it doesn't cost anything.

I hope I have read you completely wrong here, and misunderstood your posting, or just happened along when you are having a bad day.

Whatever .... May your tank never run dry, and the road open up invitingly underneath your eager throttle.

peace.

First off Twigg, I have been using this site for some time now. I have enjoyed it and never had an issue until you just joined. I have communicated with several members here over the years and never a problem.

Second, I asked to only respond if you have a low windshield simply to keep the thread concise and useful. There are already other windshield threads. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. You destroyed the thread by starting an issue with me and turning it into useless info.

Third, next time try sending me a private message first if you have an issue with me, rather than post and try to make me look look like I'm inconsiderate. I have a history here, and a very good history. If you would like to start over, I am open. Thank you. End of conversation.

Twigg,

Why do you keep coming back into this thread? The OP has clearly stated that he is interested in purchasing a used low windshield and does not wish to cut his down.

You speak of being civil, but reply with posts like

Nope.

I had a high one, and cut it down in about an hour.

No fees, no taxes, no shipping and no waiting. :rotf:

To me, that does not appear to be a very helpful comment.:confused24:

In fact, it appears to be very antagonizing. It would seem that you are trying to elicit a negative response just so that so could then scold him for being negative.

Bobcat - Have you found yourself a windshield yet?

I asked to only respond if you have a low windshield simply to keep the thread concise and useful. There are already other windshield threads.

If it makes any difference this is exactly how I interpreted the first comment and didn't see any problem with it. I have had a thread or two get way off track (some are my own fault), I guess it didn't bother me too much because I could either just re-ask my question or it was already resolved.

Twigg,

Why do you keep coming back into this thread? The OP has clearly stated that he is interested in purchasing a used low windshield and does not wish to cut his down.

You speak of being civil, but reply with posts like

To me, that does not appear to be a very helpful comment.:confused24:

In fact, it appears to be very antagonizing. It would seem that you are trying to elicit a negative response just so that so could then scold him for being negative.

You make a good point about that particular remark ... it was intemperate, a bit :)

OTOH, I had been provoked quite a bit by then, and I have yet to see you ask similar questions of the OP with regard to his whole history in this thread.

I will own my own, single, mild remark .... I don't see anyone else doing the same.

You make a good point about that particular remark ... it was intemperate, a bit :)

OTOH, I had been provoked quite a bit by then, and I have yet to see you ask similar questions of the OP with regard to his whole history in this thread.

I will own my own, single, mild remark .... I don't see anyone else doing the same.

Twigg, you are the one that provoked, not me. Anyone can look back to your first post on this thread to see this clear as day. Enough already.

Can we stop now, and all just get along and talk motorcycle???:322:

Twigg, you are the one that provoked, not me. Anyone can look back to your first post on this thread to see this clear as day. Enough already.

Can we stop now, and all just get along and talk motorcycle???:322:

Works for me.

I hope you find what you are looking for :)