IGNORED

What Windshield bag for RSV

Mike G in SC

I've got a great "BOSS" 3 pocket windshield bag on my RSTD, love it.

But I would like to know, what 3 pocket bag members are using on their RSVs?

Web links would be good for pics and price.

I have a wide F4 windshield without a vent. But I would say anything that fits stock will fit the same.

Thanks, Mike G in SC

There is a 3 pocket bag for a Harley that will also work on the RSV, it's the one that has like a "bib" on it and installs under the windshield. Maybe Big Tom will pipe in as he has one on his, and I'm planning on getting one for mine when I put my new clearview on this spring...

There is a 3 pocket bag for a Harley that will also work on the RSV, it's the one that has like a "bib" on it and installs under the windshield. Maybe Big Tom will pipe in as he has one on his, and I'm planning on getting one for mine when I put my new clearview on this spring...

Yep that the one that I have..I believe I got it ftom J&P cycles.....the bottom of the bags are in a half moon shape, not flat across....cost was around $80.00 bucks or less I think...just checked, they are not in the J&P catalog....hummmmmm...I must have ordered it thru Pioneer motorsports....Chad would know where he ordered it from...it just slips in behind the windshield...and stays in place...I never had a problem with it comming loose....:fnd_(16):ps...you can find Pioneer motorsports in our VENDORS WHO OFFER US DISCOUNTS section of the forun...talk to Chad and he will give you our 15% discount also.....

Edited by BIG TOM

I use the J&M Windshield bag on my '06 RSV. It's technically made for the Harley, but it has benn on board with no trouble for about 12,000 miles.

Here it is on the J&M website: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....uctID=HDCH-990

Here's a link to my previous post with pictures of the bag installed,

head on view and view from the rider's seat:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...7&postcount=10

Have any of you guys with the windshield bag noticed whether the leather has scuffed the windshield from rubbing due to vibration. I may try to make my own from the left over leather I have from the bib project.

I have the "Harley" one and it actually flexes and sits away from the windhshield a bit so there is no contact for scuffing. Where the "tail" is down in the fairing there is no movement so no problem there either.

Will this work with the vented windshield?

I have one on mine, but my vent is mounted high. Best guess is with a standard vent there would not be enough room between the bottom of the vent and the dash for one. You might be able to modify one by removing the center bag or finding 2 smaller bags and putting on each of vent but I'm not sure.

I have looked thru the classifieds here on this forum and cannot find anything about Pioneer or Chad, could you give us a website to check out the windshield bag you are referring to? Any pics of the installation are also quite helpful!

thank you very much!

Brian

I have looked thru the classifieds here on this forum and cannot find anything about Pioneer or Chad, could you give us a website to check out the windshield bag you are referring to? Any pics of the installation are also quite helpful!

thank you very much!

Brian

www.pioneermotorsport.com MICHELLEA is a member here and co owner of pioner...Chad , her son is a real b&ll buster and will take care of you...mention my name and tell him you want a FREEt-shirt too !!!!!!! lol (716) 496-6000 :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):ps...its the same bag as STEVEP is talking about in an earlier post.................

Edited by BIG TOM

I have one on mine also....... just loosen up the windshield and slide it in and tighten it up ... works great, looks good.........

^^ that's how I did it; no drilling necessary. The clamping force from retightening the windshield screws does the job.

As for scuffing the inside of the windshield, I have no marks at all on my shield and I've had the bag on for quite some time... and I'm in & out of it all the time (gum, sunglasses, etc).

thank you very much!

Brian

They are listed in the "Vendors that give us discounts" forum...

Tell him "the same one Bongo Bob just ordered!"

• 3 months later...

Thanks all, and Steve P. for the links.

I had lost this thread,,, till I started to ask again. Nice feature here, it will find an old post if you start to repeat yourself.

Anyhow, I see the one on J&M, looks like what I need. (The "Harley bag".)

I called to check stock and ended up ordering via phone.

(I asked if he had a VR or STAR discount code. He gave me a promo code, 116P01120, to get 10%, don't know how long it is good for.)

Anyhow, it's on the way (and free ship over $30).

Thanks again, Mike G in SC

I use the J&M Windshield bag on my '06 RSV. It's technically made for the Harley, but it has benn on board with no trouble for about 12,000 miles.

Here it is on the J&M website: http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....uctID=HDCH-990

Here's a link to my previous post with pictures of the bag installed,

head on view and view from the rider's seat:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...7&postcount=10

I got a J&M for a good price off amazon. $70 or so I think. Overall I'm happy with it and it seems to fit well against the windshield. It's VERY functional BUT looks a little cheap compared to my Hopnel tank tuxedo, leather tank bra and pillow seats.

If I had it to do again I'd get a nice leather one with the quarter turn latches and maybe some braiding, tooled leather or studs. Anything that fits an Electraglide with the long tabs should work fine.

Planning a wider 4" shorter shield this winter and will cut in my own vent. Also plan to put in a 5V USB socket in the middle pouch for a variety of things. Still looking for a deal on a nice leather windshield bag but not going to pay full pop to replace what I have.

I have mine for sale, never really used it. Did not like the way it mounted with the Clearview shield with the vent, the vent pushed the center bag down over the speedometer...

Sorry, didn't see your's for sale. Is it on the VR classifieds?

Mike G.